Main Menu

Epic?

Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2019, 10:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolf

What is some other nice wargame-ish title to spend the coupon on? Old world doesn't look like my taste.

Gusington

Wargame: Red Dragon?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Redwolf

Quote from: Gusington on October 18, 2021, 11:19:15 AM
Wargame: Red Dragon?

Good call, but I already own it on Steam.

solops

Quote from: TheFjordFox on October 17, 2021, 10:52:03 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 30, 2019, 10:32:19 AM
Not only did I dislike the layout and found it hard to navigate and find what I was looking for, but it also tried installing Fortnite onto my system unprompted. That really annoyed the piss out of me.

That's pretty spot-on for me. Can relate.
There is a lot to dislike about the underwhelming Epic website, but they have Old World. After the bitter disappointment of Humankind that is all I care about. I may never buy another game from Epic, but they had the salve I needed  when I needed it after Amplitude burned me. BTW the ratings for Humankind continue to crash.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

Redwolf how about one of the other Eugen games?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Redwolf

Quote from: Gusington on October 18, 2021, 12:40:12 PM

I don't seem to be able to search or list by developer on Epic's store :( What else they got?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Redwolf on October 18, 2021, 01:11:49 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 18, 2021, 12:40:12 PM

I don't seem to be able to search or list by developer on Epic's store :( What else they got?

In the search box, you just type in the company name....For Eugene, only Wargame: Red Dragon is available.

steve58

fyi:  Prison Architect will be free next week (Dec 9-16).
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

fyi: Epic starts it 15 days of free "mystery" games today...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sigwolf

Quote from: steve58 on December 16, 2021, 09:21:30 AM
Looks like their sale is also starting today.  First game is Shenmue 3, and they are also giving $10 coupons for "buying" the free games again.  I've never actually spent a penny in the Epic store, and not sure I will with this one, either, but for those who do it's a pretty big incentive.

demjansk1942

I usually check epic a few times a week.  Thanks for posting the information.  Love the free games

MC

Quote from: Sigwolf on December 16, 2021, 11:05:08 AM
Quote from: steve58 on December 16, 2021, 09:21:30 AM
Looks like their sale is also starting today.  First game is Shenmue 3, and they are also giving $10 coupons for "buying" the free games again.  I've never actually spent a penny in the Epic store, and not sure I will with this one, either, but for those who do it's a pretty big incentive.

I have bought a few Ubi games from Epic. I just launch them from the Ubisoft launcher. Even if I bought them from Steam I would still have to use the Ubi launcher. I have yet to buy one that I need to launch from Epic, at least up to this point.

steve58

Today's freebie is Remnant: From the Ashes

W8taminute

I'm contemplating on joining Epic.  They seem to be a valid competitor to Steam.  So as of today has anyone who has already joined Epic ever had regrets?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: W8taminute on December 21, 2021, 10:48:08 AM
I'm contemplating on joining Epic.  They seem to be a valid competitor to Steam.  So as of today has anyone who has already joined Epic ever had regrets?

Not a single one....have been using it since day one....just another download service like the many others beyond steam