Author Topic: Chicken Sandwich Wars  (Read 8422 times)

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
Chicken Sandwich Wars
« on: September 10, 2019, 03:44:31 PM »
I was (and still am) a fan of the Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Deluxe :notworthy:.  I always (well not always, but sometimes) wondered why Popeyes never had a chicken sandwich.  So when they introduced one last month, I had to go try it.  I managed to get 3 (I think) of the Spicy version over a 3-4 week period before they ran out >:(.  I probably need to eat a few dozen more :D to see if it can knock Chick-Fil-A off my personal favorite list.

So, which one is your favorite?  Popeyes, Chick-Fil-A, or some other local/chain?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 02:57:15 PM by steve58 »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
  • Giudecca in the hell of unknowing
Re: Chicken Sandwich War 2019
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 04:14:50 PM »
The new Popeyes sandwich has been completely sold out everywhere I've gone to in the Bay Area ever since it was announced, so I'm of the impression that it's being artificially hyped up.  They already had a po boy sandwich for years, how much different and better can the new one really be?

Chick-Fil-A is still the king of fast-food chicken sandos IMO.
It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Offline Barthheart

• Order of the Square Button
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 05:10:53 PM »
Wendy’s spicy chicken sandwich is my favourite. The only one that I’ve found that is actually spicy.

Wait... do you guys have Wendy’s down there?

Offline Staggerwing

• Blunderbuster
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 05:24:03 PM »
Plenty of them there Wendy's down here in Nuevo Inglaterra.
Vituğ ér enn - eğa hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 05:51:49 PM »
Note to self: try the Popeye's chicken sandwich asap... (I keep forgetting it's there, and I'm not near one usually.)

Chik's chicken is great, no doubt, but Pop's for me is better. Also, their biscuits are epic, whereas Fil-A has...... soggy waffle fries.  :buck2:

Then again, CFA has their lemonade (and related products, like cheesecake)!  :bd:

But Pop has Po Boys, including crawfish in season (usually November).

....it's probably just as well that I don't live near anything other than a Subway with a Pizza Pro tacked on. That's more than enough for me.  :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Silent Disapproval Robot

• Crossbowman
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 06:24:53 PM »
Went off the keto diet today to try out Popeye's.  There's only one in the greater Vancouver area but it is reasonably close to my place.  I suspect because it's in Canuckistan but the menu was limited and the new sandwich was not available.  What they did have was pretty much bog standard fast food.  Breaded chicken meat that was stringy and thin.  Was not impressed at all.

Offline Staggerwing

• Blunderbuster
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 07:51:40 PM »
How long've you been on the keto diet SDR? Any notable results yet?
Vituğ ér enn - eğa hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Offline jamus34

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 08:04:23 AM »
Not a sammich but my personal favorite was Wendy’s spicy chicken nuggets.

Wendy’s spicy chicken sammich is also good but they put schtuff on it (mayo, lettuce, tomato)

Haven’t tried the Popeyes yet.
Insert witty comment here.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 08:58:52 AM »
Chik-Fil-A for me though I have not tried Popeyes. Wendy's is good too and I hear that KFC has a good chicken sandwich as well. I like my fried chicken on a plate, un-covered by bread, with a bone in it like God intended it to be.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 09:34:06 AM »
You can get bone-in chicken at Popeyes.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
  • Giudecca in the hell of unknowing
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 11:09:16 AM »
I don't think Popeyes does the po boy anymore.  It was replaced by the new sando :(
It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Offline Silent Disapproval Robot

• Crossbowman
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 12:31:57 PM »
How long've you been on the keto diet SDR? Any notable results yet?

Year and a half with breaks thrown in every 6-8 weeks.   Lost 45 lbs in 3 months and have been stable since.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 02:31:51 PM »
I don't think Popeyes does the po boy anymore.  It was replaced by the new sando :(

gasssssssp! --- HERESY!!  >:(

{checks last time I even walked into a Popeyes}{let alone bought a po boy}

Offline SirAndrewD

• Man-at-Arms

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 03:48:32 PM »
 :2funny:
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces