Osprey Website??

Started by demjansk1942, April 14, 2020, 06:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

demjansk1942

For the past week I am having problems of logging into the website from the USA store.  I have seen the announcements on Twitter and Facebook of problems with the website.

I was wondering if all of you who would like to purchase something or get the free books are having the same problem.

Thanks

fran

Someone on here mentioned you can check their Facebook page for status updates or their website issues.

The previous time this was reported I was able to get the Week 3 Free books, although the site was a bit slow for me.

Tripoli

I've had trouble with both the Week 2 and Week 3 book offers-I've tried about 10-12 times, between the two weeks, without any luck.  I did get the Week 1 books
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

W8taminute

^Same here.  I got the Week 1 books but can't log into the US store with my account. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

steve58

I can still log in.  Maybe try a different browser, flushing your browser caches and/or running ccleaner or something similar.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

For those having issues with Osprey, possibly solution for you. Seems they are having trouble with the wrong country being assigned to people as their store. For example, by default I was put in United Kingdom store and I didn't realize that, then I added all my free books and attempted to checkout. Then received message said I had incorrect store because of my address not matching United Kingdom. I tried changing the country (at top of screen) and continue to lock up and even when I tried login, would often time out. I figured out the issue was because of the incorrect store and the items in my cart being selected when I had the incorrect country set.

To fix it:

1) Login to the site while the incorrect country is set (in my case United Kingdom)...this will allow you to login. The country dropdown at top of the screen must be set to the incorrect country that was set when you first added your books to the cart.

2) Go to your shopping cart, remove all the contents you added when you had the incorrect country selected.

3) Now go to the top of the screen and change the country to the correct one (in my case United States)

4) Then go and re-add all the free books again.

5) Then go through the checkout process and it will work fine.

It appears there is some issue between the country it selects for you and the items in your cart being linked to that. Following the steps above, worked great for me and instantly was able to get my books after struggling the last few days.

Hope this helps people who might be experiencing the same problem.
Modify message

WallysWorld

Thanks for posting that, Grim.Reaper. I followed your instructions and managed to get week 3's and week 4's books downloaded.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

W8taminute

Thanks Grim.  Those instructions helped me resolve my log in issues.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk