IRL (In Real Life) > Music, TV, Movies

Dune movie coming in October 2021

(1/12) > >>

steve58:
"Dune" is currently slated to hit theaters on Dec. 18, 2020.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/timothee-chalamet-dune-trailer

SirAndrewD:
Yep, I'm psyched. 

There were many parts of that that mirrored almost exactly the images in my head from the book. 

It's the little touches that were great, stuff only Dune fans would get, like the melee combat, Leto with the tablet of Agamemnon, the nod to Jodoworsky with Pink Floyd. 

I'm like a 6 year old on Christmas.

CJReich46:
I saw Arrival when they streamed it on Pluto TV. That had me convinced. They got the right director,  and he is also a huge fan of the books.

Now I remember the 1984 Lynch version, the 2001 Sci-Fi Channel Version (which I liked because while it was low budget did rather well dealing with this complex world)

The interesting use of "Eclipse" from Pink Floyd (very interesting indeed)

When I saw Arrival there was some parts that Denis Villeneuve did that were just incredible.  I think this one will be good and I have been patiently waiting on it.

SirAndrewD:
Another thing that has me even more excited than the trailer is that I've been reading opinions of those that have read the leaked script. 

First, the script that's been floating around online is now confirmed to be real since it had unique to the movie dialogue that mirrors what's in the trailer and hadn't been revealed till today. 

But, most importantly, those that have read it have said it's far far more faithful to the book than they'd ever hoped to imagine.  It changes almost nothing from Herbert and is deeply honoring the text in both content and theme. 

If that's true this one is going to be special.  It's a shame that it's coming out in a pandemic and that Hollywood has had so many Sci-Fi tentpole duds that it might hurt its box office and threaten getting the second half of the story.

steve58:

--- Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 09, 2020, 03:15:59 PM ---Another thing that has me even more excited than the trailer is that I've been reading opinions of those that have read the leaked script. 

First, the script that's been floating around online is now confirmed to be real since it had unique to the movie dialogue that mirrors what's in the trailer and hadn't been revealed till today. 

But, most importantly, those that have read it have said it's far far more faithful to the book than they'd ever hoped to imagine.  It changes almost nothing from Herbert and is deeply honoring the text in both content and theme. 

If that's true this one is going to be special.  It's a shame that it's coming out in a pandemic and that Hollywood has had so many Sci-Fi tentpole duds that it might hurt its box office and threaten getting the second half of the story.

--- End quote ---

If true, I might actually set foot in a movie theater again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version