IRL (In Real Life) > Beer & Pretzels

Show Me Your Mugs

<< < (2/2)

steve58:
I know, I know, it doesn't have a handle.  ::)   (Very cool collection O0)

Gusington:
^Horrific!!

I can't think of a more manly metal for Gunny to have a mug made from than pewter. Maybe iron, but that would be a little...cliche. And heavy.

ArizonaTank:

--- Quote from: Smuckatelli on February 06, 2021, 02:04:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: ArizonaTank on February 06, 2021, 01:13:53 PM ---Interesting. Is the glass one from the Czech Republic? 
--- End quote ---

Probably 80% of the mugs are from the Czech Republic. I was stationed at the Embassy, my future wife worked there....and the mug collection began.

......and yes, that is the Good Soldier. I've read the book many times in the past 24 years. I have it on audio book for long drives and Czech television shows it every year at Christmas time.

I picked up that mug at The Chalice. In the book, that is where Svejk and the bartender was arrested...Svejk for being Svejk, the bartender because he took the King's picture down because Flys were crapping on it.

http://ukalicha.cz/en/

--- End quote ---

Very cool. Great book!

Smuckatelli:

--- Quote from: ArizonaTank on February 06, 2021, 05:01:37 PM ---Very cool. Great book!

--- End quote ---

We do have this guy hanging out in our cabinet.....

ArizonaTank:

--- Quote from: Smuckatelli on February 06, 2021, 05:25:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: ArizonaTank on February 06, 2021, 05:01:37 PM ---Very cool. Great book!

--- End quote ---

We do have this guy hanging out in our cabinet.....

--- End quote ---

The man himself!  I just put Svejk at the top of my reading list.  Been many years since I read it, time for a refresh. Then I'll cap it off with another round of Catch 22 followed by No Time for Sergeants.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version