Digital Gaming > VR Gaming

May I pass on this Point Non VRers wont know

<< < (3/9) > >>

Jarhead0331:

--- Quote from: Staggerwing on August 22, 2021, 11:59:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 22, 2021, 11:31:38 AM --- quest 2.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip. I just went to look up the Quest 2 and it seems to be a great option, for what little I know of VR. Unfortunately, it's sold out on the Oculus website.

There are some third party sellers but they are asking $500-$600, or slightly less for used examples, while the Oculus site says the headset starts at $299. If I could get two for $600 it might be worth considering but paying those inflated prices now is a nonstarter. Any scuttlebutt on when Oculus themselves will have them back?

--- End quote ---

Target website says restock on 8/24.

MiniHexer:
edit

Staggerwing:
Thanks JH. I'll keep an eye on Target. I also signed up for email notification at Newegg.

MiniHexer:

--- Quote from: Staggerwing on August 22, 2021, 02:30:54 PM ---Thanks JH. I'll keep an eye on Target. I also signed up for email notification at Newegg.

--- End quote ---

If you are planning on buying a quest2, then I would use your time waiting to research a link cable, as you have to buy it seperate, what it does is alows you to connect to your desktop for desktop powered VR.

also I would like to point out that there are two versions of the quest 2, the memory is doubled on the more expensive one, but with a bit of file swapping and useing the link cable you would be ok on the cheap version

Staggerwing:
From what I have read the 'link cable' is just a bespoke USB-c cable, not sure how the whole 'fiber optic' moniker applies. Some online claim that a good quality long generic USB-c cable from Monoprice or Ankor works just as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version