Digital Gaming > VR Gaming

May I pass on this Point Non VRers wont know

<< < (8/9) > >>

Pete Dero:

--- Quote from: Staggerwing on August 24, 2021, 08:19:46 PM ---FWIW, I got notice earlier today that that the 128 gig Quest 2 was back in stock at Newegg.com for $299 so I ordered one. I was at work so I didn't have time to post here. Now it looks like they are all sold out again. There was a 1 unit limit so I'll need to wait for the 256 gig model ('Coming soon!') if I want another to multiplay with my son. Hopefully they keep the $299 price point...

--- End quote ---

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/24/22639523/oculus-quest-2-pause-sale-recall-base-model-storage

In addition to the new silicon cover, the $299 base model Quest 2 also gets a bump in minimum storage from 64GB to 128GB. The $399 256GB model isnít currently in stock on the Oculus website, though Facebook tells The Verge that it expects availability to begin rolling out next week.

MiniHexer:
after watching some youtube, I have got the rumours about the quest 2, first off they plan to support it for a long time, so the pro version will be the same but a better cooling sytem to up the clock so it runs Q2 but smoother, so all the Q2 game devs can keep deving for both Q2 and Pro.

Staggerwing:

--- Quote from: Pete Dero on August 25, 2021, 02:12:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: Staggerwing on August 24, 2021, 08:19:46 PM ---FWIW, I got notice earlier today that that the 128 gig Quest 2 was back in stock at Newegg.com for $299 so I ordered one. I was at work so I didn't have time to post here. Now it looks like they are all sold out again. There was a 1 unit limit so I'll need to wait for the 256 gig model ('Coming soon!') if I want another to multiplay with my son. Hopefully they keep the $299 price point...

--- End quote ---

https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/24/22639523/oculus-quest-2-pause-sale-recall-base-model-storage

In addition to the new silicon cover, the $299 base model Quest 2 also gets a bump in minimum storage from 64GB to 128GB. The $399 256GB model isnít currently in stock on the Oculus website, though Facebook tells The Verge that it expects availability to begin rolling out next week.

--- End quote ---

Interesting about the foam. Those silicon cover might in themselves be a problem because a not insignificant number of people are allergic to silicon, resulting in sometimes severe contact dermatitis. This is why medical gloves are mostly nitrile now.

Jarhead0331:

--- Quote from: Staggerwing on August 25, 2021, 04:33:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: Pete Dero on August 25, 2021, 02:12:44 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Interesting about the foam. Those silicon cover might in themselves be a problem because a not insignificant number of people are allergic to silicon, resulting in sometimes severe contact dermatitis. This is why medical gloves are mostly nitrile now.

--- End quote ---

That is pretty funny and I didnít think of that.  Ironic that they switched to silicon because of complaints about the foam causing irritation only to risk the same issue with silicon. I was not bothered by the foam, but I requested the silicon ďupgradeĒ just to have. It arrived the other day.

Jarhead0331:

--- Quote from: MiniHexer on August 24, 2021, 11:10:09 PM ---@Staggerwing my first piece of advice to you is to buy SUPERHOT VR (I believe its available for the Quest) and put an order in for a link cable so you can experience desktop power VR.

--- End quote ---

My advice is to hold off on getting the link cable, unless there is something that is pc based that you absolutely want to run. It sounds to me that youíre getting the quest to play with your kid, so the cable is most likely unnecessary and you can save yourself the ridiculous $60. The whole point of the quest is that you can play it anywhere and do not need to link it to a pc, and remember, there is always the air link anyway. You do not need a cable to connect to the pc anymore on the quest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version