Steam Autumn Sale has commenced

Started by steve58, November 24, 2021, 04:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Nov 24 - Dec 1

https://store.steampowered.com/

My wish list is not impressed...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Destraex

My wishlist has nothing I want on it. All the things on special I should have been following rather than having on my wishlist.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

Steel Division II 'General Deluxe Edition' (with History Pass) for 17.49 (instead of 69.99)?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

I see the lock'n'load base games are going pretty cheap and battle packs 50% off, anyone played?

nelmsm

Quote from: FlickJax on November 25, 2021, 05:06:29 AM
I see the lock'n'load base games are going pretty cheap and battle packs 50% off, anyone played?

I have them all and love them. My tactical game go to

SirAndrewD

Outside of a few EU4 DLC and Star Trek Bridge Commander that I can now play with my VR advantaged friends, not much here I'm too interested in. 

Might get Post Scriptum. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Toonces

I was looking at Post Scriptum, too, but now single player mode, and it sounds sparcely populated.  No fun playing an MMP with no MPs.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Destraex

Yeah, there was a patch (30gig)that dropped yesterday for post scriptum and I wanted to try it again. I just loaded it up and a few gents were saying the pop recovered a bit. But I do not expect that will be for long. Performance was very good.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Trooperc7

Post Scriptum is still an excellent FPS. A bit deeper than HLL for sure.

al_infierno

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak is normally full price for some crazy reason despite being a 5 year old RTS that was never super popular.  But it's on sale for dirt cheap now!  Picked that up and The Sims 4 for about 10 bucks in total, another game I've had on the wishlist for ages but never gotten around to buying.

Also the Mafia remake is looking rather tempting...
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on November 25, 2021, 05:57:37 PM
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak is normally full price for some crazy reason despite being a 5 year old RTS that was never super popular.  But it's on sale for dirt cheap now!  Picked that up and The Sims 4 for about 10 bucks in total, another game I've had on the wishlist for ages but never gotten around to buying.

Also the Mafia remake is looking rather tempting...

HW Deserts of Kharak is a fantastic game. I loved every minute of it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GroggyGrognard

I picked up both Stirring Abyss and Inscryption for a total of $30 bucks. Good stuff.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

demjansk1942

I started to think again, games to buy but what time to play them crazy

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw