Steam Autumn Sale has commenced

Started by steve58, November 24, 2021, 04:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

I've heard good things about Inscryption but know little about it.

I mentioned earlier that I grabbed Cyberpunk as it went on sale a bit earlier than the fall sales window.

Beyond that nothing much jumping at me, maybe check on some DLC for some of my other games.
Insert witty comment here.

Toonces

I was just thinking of booting up Skyrim again when I saw Bethesda released an Anniversary Edition upgrade to Special Edition (which I have).  A lot of folks seem to be pretty put off by the $20 pricetag, but considering the hours of enjoyment I've gotten from my initial +/-$50 purchase, another 20 is not a big ask IMO.

So all that is to say I just bought the Anniversary Edition upgrade and am installing the whole smack on my laptop.  Woot!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Toonces on November 25, 2021, 04:03:11 PM
I was looking at Post Scriptum, too, but now single player mode, and it sounds sparcely populated.  No fun playing an MMP with no MPs.

Yeah, I got Hell Let Loose instead. 

I'd have preferred the deeper PS, but I looked at the active player pop and it won out. 

Last minute purchases also included No Man's Sky now that I can play with three of my buddies that also have it.  Also picked up War in the West/Op Torch since I have enjoyed War in the East 2 so much.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

W8taminute

Quote from: CJReich46 on November 24, 2021, 08:16:24 PM
Quote from: steve58 on November 24, 2021, 04:17:34 PM
My wish list is not impressed...

Ditto.

All the games on my wishlist aren't even out yet.  Sick of waiting...In the meantime I dumped some money into RTW Remastered, Civ6, and some more DLC for TotalWarhammer 2. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

jamus34

So I lied.

I ended up getting a package deal on Inscryption, loop hero (which I've heard great things) and another game that escapes my memory right now.

I also grabbed Timberborne because I'm a sucker for survival city builders and it has beavers.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

I got Panthers in the Fog (thanks to Starfury's review), Steel Division 2, and that Stalingrad RTS developed right around the same time the battle was fought.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on December 01, 2021, 05:23:04 PM
I got Panthers in the Fog (thanks to Starfury's review), Steel Division 2, and that Stalingrad RTS developed right around the same time the battle was fought.

LOL!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

demjansk1942

I wanted 2042 but lousy start, playing my older games

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I grabbed the DLC for War in the East 1 for half-off. I considered getting Thrones of Britannia for $10 because I hear there are some great mods for it. Maybe next time.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Thrones of Britannia is actually a good game but buyer be ware.  The game play, particularly the battles, is a bit different from the modern day total war games. 

Britannia is kind of like a hybrid between MTW2 and RTW2 and may seem a bit quirky but it does grow on you.

Gusington

It's very quirky. But most here who are into that era and British history would love it! I liked it much more than I thought I would. It is probably the most (undeservedly) maligned TW game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

The only thing I bought was Hard West for less than 2 dollah!  It's so-so.  A friend "gifted" me a copy of some anime-based abomination called Ni No Kuni because his daughter is getting into anime (poor child) and wants to learn Japanese so now I've got yo play the stupid thing in Japanese, stream it on Discord, and try to translate.  It has been a disaster so far..

Gusington

You lived in Japan for a while, right?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd