The Friday thread Labor Day edition

Started by MetalDog, August 31, 2012, 06:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Monday is a holiday here in the United States.  Most of us will be off for the day.  With all that extra time, what will you be playing this weekend?

Thanks to Greybriar, I picked up CKII and Warlock, amongst others.  So, I will be making my first forays into those two VERY popular games.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

^Hmmmm...not sure.  Might try to jump back into Legends of Pegasus, now that it has been patched up a little bit.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

tgb

I'll be playing two oldies I just picked up - King of Dragon Pass and KOTOR 2

MIGMaster

Tuna

Just picked up the CMSF expansion bundle per recommendation of Judge, so will be doing some time on that..

On my laptop, I've been starting to get into AGEOD's BOA II (got it for free when Paradox sent out that news letter a few months ago).
Been watching The Revolution on Netflix and it gave me a hankering to start this game.

Will probably try to get some Rise of Flight in to visit my MP buds.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

My German friend and I will be playing EVE Online on Saturday and probably Sunday. When he's not on, I plan on playing a bit of the original X-COM, Warlock, and/or Civ5.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Barthheart

More CK II.
More CiV.
More beta testing.

TheCommandTent

I have to work all weekend so my game time will be limited.  However, I am going to try and get in some CM:FI and ARMA II.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

DV8

I will be out camping with the family so no computer games but we are bringing a bundle of board games.   ;)
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

Anguille

I plan to play the following games:

- Gemini Wars (still mission 12 but now i've been able to build up 2 chockepoints). Also a new patch has been released.
- Homeworld (i am playing the campaign for the first time...always pushed back).
- Armada 2526 Supernova pbems....
- Maybe some Star Ruler as well....

Jarhead0331

^Anguille...did you ever get into Lost Empire: Immortals?  I'm thinking of giving it another go.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 31, 2012, 08:30:18 AM
^Anguille...did you ever get into Lost Empire: Immortals?  I'm thinking of giving it another go.

It's on my to do list...i've launched many games but the gameplay is too slow for my taste. I love the map and think there's a lot of good things in it. I have yet to finish a game. Will do once...maybe in 10 years  :o

I bought it again on Impulse a while back as it's the full patched game (with the patches from one player).

Jarhead0331

^I like the map a lot too.  I figure it would be somewhere on your list!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Sir Slash

CMFI. If the Italian Army was this tough in real life, we'd all be eating spagetti. Oh wait. I am eating spagetti.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.