The Friday thread Labor Day edition

Started by MetalDog, August 31, 2012, 06:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

junk2drive

I'll be playing Grandpa to the 3 kids that have been here all week. Maybe Monday after they leave I'll play some Recruits and some beta testing.

MengJiao

Quote from: MetalDog on August 31, 2012, 06:20:42 AM
Monday is a holiday here in the United States.  Most of us will be off for the day.  With all that extra time, what will you be playing this weekend?

Thanks to Greybriar, I picked up CKII and Warlock, amongst others.  So, I will be making my first forays into those two VERY popular games.

I jumped on the CKII bandwagon.  I've been the Count of Loon and the King of France.  I'm going to write Joni Mitchell about it.  I know a guy who knows her and he says she might want to write a song about CKII:

Bows and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
etc.

So this weekend its:

CKII and working on being a Persian in that game if possible.

And now a word from Wikipedia:
Whence this remark in Montesquieu's Mes Pensées: "My Lettres persanes taught people to write letter-novels" (no. 1621).

And of course KG Chill will be bringing a chill to the Club Route in Where Eagles Dare if it can overrun the 101st Airborne's Glider Regiment.

Gusington

Hold the phone...Junk is a Grandpa???

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

For me, it's CM:SF - continuing my Brits campaign. I'll also get some more Saints Row The Third in and perhaps finish my campaign in Thunderbolt Apache Leader
Alba gu' brath

Kushan

Been home sick the last few days so I started a couple new games of Distant Worlds with the new patch. I'm really enjoying it so far. The first game I let the AI run everything, except for diplomacy and fleet creation and assignments. I've been sick and home from work the last few days and Distant Worlds on full auto is a really good time killer when your sick and don't want to concentrate too hard while playing. I still think the economy needs some balancing, its far to easy to have money then you can possibly spend after only an hour or two of game play. Unless you do something stupid like setting all your taxes to high early in the game and kill off your private sector you really can't go wrong. I normally let the AI manage my colony taxes, maybe I need to manually manage them in my next game.

I started a new character with Skyrim last night. My previous character's saves bugged out and I couldn't continue the main quest line. Trying to fix it via the console did even more interesting things to to my game. I kept all the saves, I just don't want to go back several hours of play to find one that works. I'm going to do a High Elf wizard. Right now I think I'm going to use mage robes, a 1-handed weapon, and destruction magic or a staff in my offhand. I'm thinking this is more of a Gandalf type character then a pure spell wielding mage.

Diablo 3: Inferno mode progression....or attempting to progress. Despite my frustration at dying a lot, I'm still really enjoying the game.

Fallen Enchantress: New patch is out for beta 4. After seeing some of the changes in beta 4 I'm cautiously optimistic that FE will actually be a good game.

Crusader Kings 2: I really need to try out the Sword of Islam DLC. Its been a month since I've bought it and have only fired it up once.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Double Deuce

Will be finishing up the playtesting and balancing of my newest Conflict of Heroes (PC) scenario's.

W8taminute

I'll be celebrating W8taminutette's (Revision 2) birthday this weekend.  Then I'm gonna BBQ some salmon and beef burgers oh yeah!!

Plan on getting some game time in.  For sure I'll be continuing my Armada PBEMs.  I want to try to get some Xbox time in and then try some PrON on my Mac which I haven't even downloaded yet after purchasing it on Gamersgate recently.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Toonces

I have today and Monday off (yeah, shore duty!) so it is going to be a gaming smorgasbord this weekend.

In the lineup:
King Arthur 1 Original Campaign:  I booted this up again yesterday and I think I'm really going to make a press at finishing the campaign.  I had forgotten how pretty the game is, and how immersive. 
Crusader Kings 2:  I united all of Scotland finally, but got excommunicated in the process...now what?
War of the Roses Beta:  I read that they made some more sweeping changes to the game but I didn't have a chance to play it last night.  I'm sure I'll spend some time with it and see what's different.  Definitely a "one more match" type of game.

I also plan to finish styling the Obutto, breaking down the old desk completely, and if I get my HOTAS set up maybe play some BMS Falcon or Rise of Flight.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Warlocking tonight with the GB crowd

CMBN PBEMs and finishing a map for a 12000pt game!

Lots of CKII

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Looking forwards to continuing the Terrible Trio's Warlock MP game tonight, and I have WaW Blood n Bridges set up ready for tomorrow afternoon.

New series of Dr Who starts tomorrow evening on the Beeb, so I'll be glued to that (Amy Pond, I love you and want to have your baby!)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Oche

So far WINSPMBT & WINSPWW2, Mount and Blade: Warband Native Expansion Mod and Red Orchestra: Darkesthour mod. Would like to play as well either FSX, Medieval 2 Total War Stainless Steel Mod, Strike Fighters 2 with Nato fighters mod, or SHIV.   

Bison

Cougar_DK

I have a good friend staying from friday to sunday. Now we have the time to learn DCS A-10  :)
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes