Game of Thrones on Sale at Steam

Started by Jarhead0331, February 13, 2012, 01:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Toonces on February 13, 2012, 10:43:19 PM

These guys don't sound quite as unintelligible as the normal game forums (excluding us and Matrix, etc.).

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2541372

Sounds like a pass, even at $10.

Uhhh...have you looked at the Matrix General forum lately?  :-\

Anyway, I bought it. Of course I bought it. I have no will when it comes to cheap games I have the slightest interest in.

Toonces

Well be sure to post impressions pretty quick- not a lot of time left on the sale (it ends like 0700 my time tomorrow).

It might be good- it sounds like it might have been too deep for the masses.  I expect you and/or JH will see through the BS as to whether the core game is worthwhile.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Toonces on February 14, 2012, 01:25:53 AM
Well be sure to post impressions pretty quick- not a lot of time left on the sale (it ends like 0700 my time tomorrow).

It might be good- it sounds like it might have been too deep for the masses.  I expect you and/or JH will see through the BS as to whether the core game is worthwhile.

The good news : It's almost done downloading.
The bad news : It's after midnight and I have to get up in about 7 hours.

So you're going to have to decide whether to roll the dice or not completely blind.

Toonces

I guess it's a pass.  I just don't want it that badly, unless JH logs on in the morning, red eyes, stinking of single malt scotch, raving about thrones, dragons, and a sword named "ice"...then, well, it might be a busy 30 minutes between the snooze alarm and first coffee tomorrow!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

I actually decided to pass too. Sorry Toonces. Reading about it just didn't interest me enough to give it a shot.  I know I wouldn't play it if I got it, so what's the point?  Its the same reason I haven't pre-ordered CKII. I just know deep down inside that I won't really play it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

I decided against it as well for basically the same reason as jh.  Not sure I would play it much based on what I saw.

Gusington

So, after all...no one bought it? Congratulations on exhibiting some good self control all!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Gusington on February 14, 2012, 10:38:10 AM
So, after all...no one bought it? Congratulations on exhibiting some good self control all!

Erm...yeah! Way to go, people... :P :-[

Hartford688