AfrikaKorps Reviews

Started by airboy, September 05, 2012, 12:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

PanzerCorps AfrikaKorps is a stand alone game.  I played it 30-50 hours before writing the review.

I strongly recommend reading the review when posted before purchasing.

PS - I agree that letting the Code Blue review have its day in the sun is wise.  Excellent review by Jim Cobb.

jomni

It's a stand alone?  Now I'm confused.  Can you merge it with the original?

Anyway what I hated about the original Panzer Corps or even Panzer General is the strict time limit.  Given that units carry over to the next battle, I would like to take things slowly but surely.  Since the scenario are basically very strict on time, the game is not really suited to my play style.

airboy

It is a stand alone game.  Can be played with or without the original Panzer Corps to the best of my understanding.

airboy

The review is pretty mixed.  I've played this game through to completion and also played a lot on multiple difficulty settings.  This release could have been awesome with just a little more work.  Unfortunately, play balancing and documentation were done poorly.

Tuna

Quote from: jomni on September 06, 2012, 08:16:25 PM
It's a stand alone?  Now I'm confused.  Can you merge it with the original?

Anyway what I hated about the original Panzer Corps or even Panzer General is the strict time limit.  Given that units carry over to the next battle, I would like to take things slowly but surely.  Since the scenario are basically very strict on time, the game is not really suited to my play style.

There is a 'cheat' where can change the number of turns (I forget what the syntax is, like turns= or something like that)..

Everything after the Tutorial for me, there was no way I could complete in time (I guess I just suck). I agree, I like to 'preserve' as many units as possible when playing a game, especially if they're being 'carried' over.

Rizik6

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit.  The one thing I want to mention though is that it plays very very well on a netbook.  That is a nice bonus feature for me.