Main Menu

Weekend Gaming

Started by Bison, September 07, 2012, 12:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keunert

Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue is the only game i play besides a card game on the mobile.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Great Ajax

Dark Souls for the PC may well be my latest gaming fascination.  It is the most difficult RPG I have ever played but it has kept me coming back.  May do some sorties in War Thunder as well.

Trey

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Cougar_DK

Quote from: Nefaro on September 07, 2012, 03:12:14 PM
Quote from: Cougar_DK on September 07, 2012, 12:39:25 PM
I will take my A-10 out for a spin and then some Gnomoria.

I've only given it a 10 minute spin thus far, but it's up soon on my "To Do" icon list on my desktop.  :D

Just make sure you have the latest version. The previous couldn't load save games  :o

Its a good little time killer, my only complain is easier access to stats, the boxes is way to small and don't remember the last settings. And maybe some more indicators of how life is in your town  :)

But I keep getting back to it, so it sure has the sandbox-just two minutes more  ;)
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Cougar_DK on September 08, 2012, 03:05:31 PM
The previous couldn't load save games  :o

Wow.  That's one of the dafter bugs I've ever heard of!

Cougar_DK

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 08, 2012, 04:06:28 PM

Yeah, but it was quickly fixed. A great thing about indie game developers  :)
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 08, 2012, 04:06:28 PM

It's actually in Alpha still.  So it's not even feature complete yet - there will be bugs.   We bought-in early.   :D

Huw the Poo

Bison

I ended up playing the River Crossing campaign for L4D2.  I died about 25 meters from the damn helicopter.  Fracking hunter surprised me and my "team mates" left me to die.  Jerks.

Also fired up Skyrim to do some dungeon delving.  Good stuff.  I think I need decide what I want my guy to do, because I think I spead my level up points in too many directions.

MetalDog

I'm on the great grandson of my original character.  Duchess Caitlin I the Great, my mother, and Aed's granddaughter, was poisoned, allegedly, by her own son.  As hated as she was, the mass approval of Abel's ascension to the Ducal throne proves it, she was the Great for a reason.   

I was handicapped until recently as I didn't know you could pay for improvements in your demesne.  You can upgrade your castle, city and church.  I had no idea until the early reign of Caitlin.  But I aim to correct all that.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

What years does CKII encompass? Does it span into the Renaissance?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

1066 - 1462 then its EU's turn, but you can import the data - god knows how

Nefaro

Quote from: MetalDog on September 09, 2012, 04:04:33 PM

I was handicapped until recently as I didn't know you could pay for improvements in your demesne.  You can upgrade your castle, city and church.  I had no idea until the early reign of Caitlin.  But I aim to correct all that.

I believe that's the easiest thing to overlook in CK2. 

I typically start with improving the tax-increasing stuff in the castles in my own demesne for a couple-three levels apiece (generally the castle walls IIRC).  Then the garrisons can get some attention for boosting my troop levels. 

While a somewhat simple part of the game as a whole, I'm very happy with how they implemented the improvements in this one as opposed to Sengoku, for instance, or the previous CK where there were notably fewer options.

Gusington

Thanks 'Geek. I am looking forward to playing as an eastern despot in the 14th - 15th centuries fighting for survival against the advancing Ottomans.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

i look forward to reading all about it