Main Menu

Sealion Review

Started by Bismarck, February 27, 2012, 07:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epee1

So I guess you liked it?  ;)

Thanks for the review Bismarck.  I guess I have to get the game now.   ;D

besilarius

Jim, you mentioned the improvised nature of british vehicles, but they also improvised a lot of weaponry.
The Bates Bottle Thrower would be a great addition to their armory.
There was one on display at the Bovington Armor Museum, probably the only one ever to go into service.
Inspired by the use of Molotov cocktails by the Finns in the Winter War, Mr. Bates used coca cola bottles in a slingshot arrangement that looked extremely similar to the 25lber gun.
The cocktails were propelled by large rubber bands (absolutely true) and had a range of perhaps 125 yards.
Probably better than nothing, but once a Mark II saw it, the machine gun fire would make it very hot for the Bottle Throwers.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.