Trekkies... meet FTL - The Spaceship Roguelike (now with Kickstarter)

Started by son_of_montfort, February 28, 2012, 02:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_of_montfort

So the lot of you were moaning about how much love you have for space ships and all things space exploration and combat, so I thought the masses would be interesting in seeing another indie space ship sim game coming out in the near future.

Faster Than Light - The Spaceship Sim Roguelike

Here is the link to the Kickstarter page, describing the game. The Kickstarter project is funded, so this game WILL fly. You have several days to decide if you want to get in on the action and pre-order or not:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/64409699/ftl-faster-than-light

A link to the official video:
http://vimeo.com/34831454

There is an early alpha version on Onlive (follow the links on the Kickstarter page). It is already good fun, even though I detest the Onlive service.

Check it out! RPS also has a story on it today, but I'm too lazy to link it.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Keunert

i kickstart my own game soon. it's a turn based space sim with ww2 like land combat combined with rpg elements, a first person perspective is also available but you can also chose to play it 2d topdown with moddable pre cut counters. best of it: the Rechte Frontketten Kappe '42 is done right for the first time in a sci fi game featuring hordes of zak mccracken like Zombie alligators. the team mode features a Christina Hendricks like three boobed shemale team mate.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo