Planes!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 03, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

that looks like tons of fun to fly!
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bob48

I've had a look to see if there is one for FSX, but no luck as yet.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Supermarine Spiteful.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

BTW, Supermarine added a Nene jet engine to the Spiteful, redesigned the fuselage and tailplane, and thus was born the Supermarine Attacker:

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 23, 2013, 08:25:51 PM
BTW, Supermarine added a Nene jet engine to the Spiteful, redesigned the fuselage and tailplane, and thus was born the Supermarine Attacker:

Way cool!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Here's a three-fer:

mirth

From furthest to closest - Banshee, Phantom & Pirate?

Staggerwing

Jack Nastyface

Since LB has a pic of one of my fav planes in his signature...here's a picture from the Canso bomber crash site near Tofino, BC.  Great day, great hike, great plane...but lots of mud!
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Jack Nastyface

and one more...yours truly (the tall one) in foreground
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Staggerwing

What's the story behind that accident?

LongBlade

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on May 23, 2013, 11:46:06 PM
Since LB has a pic of one of my fav planes in his signature...here's a picture from the Canso bomber crash site near Tofino, BC.  Great day, great hike, great plane...but lots of mud!

I've always liked the look of 'em. Dunny why. They're just really cool.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jack Nastyface

Airplane was based out of Tofino BC and was used to fly anti-submarine patrols to protect against possible Japanese incursion.  Just before midnight of Feb 8, 1945, and shortly after take-off, one engine lost power (likely due to failed magneto) causing the plane to lose altitude, skim some trees and finally crash.  All crew and passengers aboard (there may have been as many as eight aboard) survived with minor injuries.  I believe the crew hiked out with assistance.  At the base of the crash site, there is a large 20 foot crater (forever filled with rainwater) where salvage crew detonated the planes 4 depth charges.  Pretty much anything of interest has been stripped from the plane, but there are still pieces of tire tube and cloth fabric from the flight control surfaces that you can find on the ground.

The catalina is one of my fav WW2 planes.  Google Canso bomber Tofino for more photos. 

bob48

Quote from: LongBlade on May 24, 2013, 08:06:01 AM
Quote from: Jack Nastyface on May 23, 2013, 11:46:06 PM

I've always liked the look of 'em. Dunny why. They're just really cool.

I like the PBY as well, and have been lucky enough to see one a couple of times at air shows.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!