Planes!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 03, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

they should keep it grounded so nothing happens to it.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bob48

To see one in flight is awesome, and they have very unique sound - the Vulcan 'howl'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhckJ9SkNbU

Edit. As I was typing that, I heard aircraft engines and looking out of the window, across the Tyne Valley, was the Red Arrows in a perfect 'V' formation. They whole formation went into a half roll before flying back towards the coast. This is the opening of the airshow, so I hope to see more stuff over the next couple of days.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GDS_Starfury

sweet!

driving to an airshow once in Miami I almost crashed when the highway was overflown by a B-1 at about 1000 feet.  it was in a right hand bank and as I watched it I started drifting to the right.  good thing I caught myself as I was on a rather high overpass at the time.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Windigo on July 26, 2013, 12:46:37 PM
how trhe ol PBY snuck up on anything during patrol is beyond me... those suckers are louder than GDS in an airport washroom

Everything with a pair of radial engines is loud and ,besides, the The PBY wasn't conducting attacks on IJN battlewagons. It was used for ASW and could carry both small torps and depth charges when armed. The subs could often hear them but a crash dive could take long enough that the PBY might still be able to get a hit. As far as surface ships go, the most lethal PBY attacks were conducted by the 'Black Cats', PBYs painted all black and used for night attacks against Japanese ships from just above wave top level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consolidated_PBY_Catalina#Night_attack_and_naval_interdiction
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Thanks, Stagger. I didn't know about the night attacks. That's cool.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on July 26, 2013, 08:34:08 PM
Thanks, Stagger. I didn't know about the night attacks. That's cool.

yes.... very

they make good fire suppression bombers too
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bob48

'Clip those corners'

bob48

So far, just flying over the house on the way to/from from Newcastle Airport I've seen the Lancaster and Spifire twice, and an AH64. This afternoon, oh joy-of-joys, flying very low and slow was a Fairy Swordfish - sadly I did not have the presents of mind to have a camera handy.

'Clip those corners'

GDS_Starfury

the F-35  now without test markings:

Two U.S. Marine Corps F-35B Lightning II aircrafts with Marine Fighter Attack Squadron (VMFA) 121, Marine Aircraft Group 13, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing (MAW), conduct a training flight from Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Yuma, Ariz. to MCAS Miramar, San Diego, Calif., Aug. 7, 2013.

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

Looks like the 2 seater trainer and not a Schwalbe.

'Clip those corners'

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

TheCommandTent

Quote from: W8taminute on August 16, 2013, 02:15:51 PM

There is alot of awesomeness happening in this picture.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."