Planes!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 03, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

eyebiter

mirth

Straight out of Red Storm Rising...

BanzaiCat

I saw this monster take off from IAH when I worked there...it was amazing it could get in the air!

Staggerwing

You should see the AN 225, the version that the Sovs built to schlep around their Space Shuttleski, the Buran. That thing must touch down in one postal zone and finally come to a stop in another.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

mirth

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 17, 2013, 07:17:26 PM
You should see the AN 225, the version that the Sovs built to schlep around their Space Shuttleski, the Buran. That thing must touch down in one postal zone and finally come to a stop in another.

Maybe it was a 225 I saw, then, and not the 124. It was a while ago, but it stopped all of us in our tracks to watch it take off. Either way, this 225 is pretty incredible too.

I like the Guppy (Super Guppy?), also...saw one at an airshow here a few years back. Amazed me as a kid that it could get up into the air at all.

mirth

^It's the Brain Bug!

BanzaiCat

Exactly. I can almost see the proboscis coming out of its head and killing bad acting in its tracks.  8)