Planes!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 03, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Awesome.

No matter how many times I've seen the Lanc, the sound of those 4 Merlins still gives me a thrill.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

^A very underrated Gen-3 fighter. Rumor has it that when the USAF and US Navy first used F5Es as aggressor aircraft the F5s kicked ass against the F-15s and Tomcats until the pilots of both latter aircraft got used to what an F5 can and can't do as well as benefiting from a 'tweak' or two to the simulated performance of their own missiles.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Over 50 years in service and entirely possible some F-5s will still be operational 15-20 years from now.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Corsair being readied for launch off Korea, 1952

bob48

I loves me some F4U. :)

'Clip those corners'

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on October 04, 2014, 12:32:28 PM
Brazilian F-5s

What's the matter with you guys??? None of you recognize a MiG 28 when you see one???    >:D

Steelgrave

Quote from: bob48 on October 04, 2014, 06:38:03 AM
Awesome.

No matter how many times I've seen the Lanc, the sound of those 4 Merlins still gives me a thrill.

Are you talking dirty in British, Bawb??? Is this a Fish and Chips sorta thing???

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Barthheart

bob48

Seaplane?

Looks like either a DC3 or C47.

'Clip those corners'

Barthheart

DC3/C-47 it is. I saw one flying in my neck of the woods a few months ago. Amazing after 70+ years.

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

Staggerwing

Quote from: bob48 on October 06, 2014, 01:02:37 PM
Seaplane?

Looks like either a DC3 or C47.

Looks like it's a C-47:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrodome_(aeronautics)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_C-47_Skytrain
QuoteThe C-47 differed from the civilian DC-3 in numerous modifications, including being fitted with a cargo door and strengthened floor, along with a shortened tail cone for glider-towing shackles, and an astrodome in the cabin roof.[3][4]
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys