Planes!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 03, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Or has more money than responsibilities...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

you dont just buy into that hobby at that level.
if married there are no pans in the kitchen.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

That's a highly time intensive hobby. Before he passed, my grandfather started getting into it and would spend Saturdays out at a private field where they flew those things. His was prop-driven if I remember right. He was retired so he had all the time in the world and had a workshop in his garage for it. The cabinets and stuff are still there (my mom lives there now), but all the aircraft and parts they sold after he passed. I didn't have an interest in it at all back then, but neither did he ever invite me, so I guess it worked out for him.

GDS_Starfury

RNLAF F-16s intercepting a USAF B-52 on April 2nd in a simulated strategic bombing mission.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Steelgrave

^Damn, she still looks lethal. I used to love hearing them fly....you always knew it was a BUFF by the sound of those engines alone.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

mirth

Barthheart

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

Windigo

I get vertigo looking at that pic.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Barthheart

mirth

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 03, 2015, 08:03:21 AM
Quotetreason

Eh? ??? Am I missing an inside joke? Did some Air Force bling-shirt say that saving the A-10 would be 'treasonous'?

http://www.stripes.com/news/af-general-who-said-protesting-a-10-decision-was-treason-removed-from-post-1.339480

QuoteThe Air Force general who told airmen that speaking to Congress about plans to retire the A-10 Thunderbolt amounts to treason has left his command position and been reprimanded, the Air Combat Command said Friday.

The service's inspector general found that the comments by Maj. Gen. James Post, then the ACC vice commander, had a "chilling effect" and caused airmen to feel constrained about their right to speak to lawmakers about important issues, according to the command.

Post was issued a letter of reprimand and is moving from his position following the statements Jan. 10 to about 300 airmen at a Weapons and Tactics Review Board meeting at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada. The board was discussing the controversial retirement of the A-10, which has sparked a pushback from Congress and infantry troops and pilots who believe it has unique capabilities on the battlefield.

"It was sincerely never my intention to discourage anyone's access to their elected officials," Post said in a released statement. "I now understand how my poor choice of words may have led a few attendees to draw this conclusion and I offer my humble apology for causing any undue strain on the command and its mission."

Post was asked a question about the A-10 and discussed the tight budget leading to the Air Force decision to retire the aircraft. The general talked about the importance of loyalty to the decisions by senior leadership and used the word "treason" to describe airmen who discuss dissenting opinions with lawmakers, the ACC said.

The IG found that Post had been "attempting to prevent" some of the airmen from contacting their representatives on Capitol Hill, according to the command.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers