Planes!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 03, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Today, we had a low pass over the house of the 2 Vampires and the MiG 15 flying in formation and heading south. We are about 5 miles south of Newcastle Airport and these chaps were parked there for the Sunderland Air Show.

We caught a glimpse of the Spit and Hurri, and also a Typhoon, but sadly not the B-25 or OV-10, a particular favorite of mine.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Sounds awesome, Bob.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: bob48 on July 25, 2016, 12:47:44 PM
Today, we had a low pass over the house of the 2 Vampires and the MiG 15 flying in formation and heading south. We are about 5 miles south of Newcastle Airport and these chaps were parked there for the Sunderland Air Show.

We caught a glimpse of the Spit and Hurri, and also a Typhoon, but sadly not the B-25 or OV-10, a particular favorite of mine.

Any sightings of the Vulcan these days? Used love watching these in Goose Bay, Labardor rattle the shingles on our row house as they did low fly overs.

mirth

I think the final Vulcan flight was last year. Couldn't keep one in flying condition any longer.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Barthheart

mirth

Staggerwing

Just think- one day the same sad expressions will come up when watching the last B-52 touch down for the last time...

... and it''ll be simulcast (with approx 15min delay) to our thriving colonies on Mars.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Forget about a final flight, we might still be flying 52s operationally in 20 years. Flight of the Old Dog indeed.

mirth

Barthheart

WOW! Fantastic shot.  O0

mirth

mirth

QuoteMcDonnell FH-1 Phantom taking off from the light aircraft carrier USS Saipan, CVL-48, on 6 May 1948

mirth

QuoteF-14A takes the barrier aboard USS Kitty Hawk, CV-63, June 1984