Planes!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 03, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

QuoteMorane-Saulnier M.S.406 "Bretagne"

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Wow- I didn't know there were any flyable ones left.  O0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

QuoteTurkish Stars aerobatic team NF-5A Freedom Fighters

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

QuoteTwo US Navy OV-10A Bronco FAC/light-attack aircraft from VAL-4 (Light-attack squadron 4) the "Black Ponies" seen in flight. VAL-4 provided support to Brown Water Navy and SEAL units in the Mekong Delta during the Vietnam War

Barthheart

Man, it took some balls to fly into combat in those things.  :o

bob48

Quote from: mirth on October 18, 2016, 11:27:28 AM
QuoteTwo US Navy OV-10A Bronco FAC/light-attack aircraft from VAL-4 (Light-attack squadron 4) the "Black Ponies" seen in flight. VAL-4 provided support to Brown Water Navy and SEAL units in the Mekong Delta during the Vietnam War

Oh how I love the Bronco  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Quote from: bob48 on October 18, 2016, 12:20:44 PM

Weren't you a fan of the OV-1 Mohawk as well, or am I thinking of someone else?

There're both groovy planes, each in their own unconventional way. You don't see much in the way of modern aircraft with similar eccentric appeal.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 18, 2016, 06:43:35 PM

There're both groovy planes, each in their own unconventional way. You don't see much in the way of modern aircraft with similar eccentric appeal.

Warthog

Staggerwing

Good point, but the Warthog isn't so much an eccentric airplane as it is the terror-and-awe-inspiring winged fury of some vengeful Old World God.

bob48

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 18, 2016, 06:43:35 PM

Yes, but more the Bronco. I have a few versions of it in FSX and its likely the aircraft I've flown most. I've just added the Steam version of SFX since my old version went down the drain when my HD failed, but I have a lot of stuff saved on an external HD that I need restore.

There is a very nice payware OV-10 package by Aerosoft, but its a bit too pricey for me atm. They do, however, have periodic sales, so I'll be looking out for that.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

QuoteE-2C Hawkeye and a C-2A Greyhound fly over USS Zumwalt (DDG 1000) as the ship travels to its new home port of San Diego, California

mirth

Staggerwing

mirth

Yep. One of the last ones operating the F-4.

mirth

QuoteF-15C from the 65th Aggressor Squadron over Nellis AFB. 2012