Planes!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 03, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

QuoteRare photo of a B-52 with its vertical stabilizer in the folded position

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

I didn't even know that was a thing!

Is that so they can be based in lower-overhead hangers during emergencies?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

I didn't know either. It is for storage in low overhead hangars, which I'm guessing were much more common back when the BUFF first entered service.

mirth

QuoteA U.S. Air Force F-4E Phantom II seen in Karup, Denmark wearing the Cold War "European One" camoflauge scheme in April 6, 1985. The picture was also taken by Erik Frikke

mirth

BanzaiCat

mirth

QuoteUSMC AV-8B Harrier on USS Peleliu (LHA-5) in Hong Kong

mirth

QuoteTwo USAF B-1Bs fly a bilateral mission with Japan Air Self-Defense Force F-15s in the vicinity of the Senkaku Islands on 15 August 2017

mirth

QuoteAbandoned Backfire at Vozdvizhenka Air Base

mirth

Quote19-year-old Lieutenant Edwin Wright looks upon his airplane after being hit by an 88 mm shell, over the city of Munster, Germany.

mirth

QuoteUSAF A-1E Aircraft being loaded with napalm - Vietnam War

mirth

QuoteP5M Marlin seaplane entering the well deck of the dock landing ship USS Ashland (LSD-1), February 1957

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on October 07, 2017, 05:45:15 PM
Quote19-year-old Lieutenant Edwin Wright looks upon his airplane after being hit by an 88 mm shell, over the city of Munster, Germany.

Good ol' Hamilton Standard propellers.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth