The Future of the F-35 Italy cuts back

Started by MIGMaster, February 15, 2012, 12:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 13, 2013, 11:56:56 AM
oh, I could pick his brain about things!

I'm sure you could. He likes talking about his job and I'm one of the only people he knows outside of BIW that can talk with him semi-intelligently about it. He knows a ton about the Burkes too. Cool guy.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: mirth on March 12, 2013, 11:02:49 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 12, 2013, 10:56:22 PM
the F-94 is most definetly an updated F-80.  the F-87 follows the same idea.  the F-86 is a completely different beast.  so while you are technically correct due to service date they are all in the same time frame give or take a few months.  next I expect youll use the naval variant as an example.  my point still stands.  bubble canopies were the exception not the rule.  theres still no century series fighter that had one.  nor did any NATO or Warsaw Pact fighter.

You made a big show of asking for one example between the F-86 and F-14 and I've already given you three. The F-94 was a further development of the F-80. The F-89 and the F-9 were not based on the F-80. The F-89 may have a similar looking airframe, but it was a common design of the era.

Mirth flies off the top rope...
Starfury is gaping...

;)
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598