Alternatives to the Supercarrier

Started by mirth, March 22, 2013, 08:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 23, 2013, 09:55:08 PM
IIRC we also ordered two more of each Littoral Combat Ship.  I would think that in a SHTF fight with something like the PLAN they would get grouped with carrier groups and take the picket missions that FFG-7s used to do.

The plan is to replace the Perrys with LCS in the battlegroups by 2019 but we're not building the LCS fast enough right now.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Longdan

Do those LCS's float?  With that ballast of dollar bills (printed money not gold) they might be top heavy.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

mirth

Quote from: Longdan on March 24, 2013, 02:19:27 PM
Do those LCS's float?  With that ballast of dollar bills (printed money not gold) they might be top heavy.

<chuckle> they certainly have gone way over the projected cost. Canada isn't the only one with procurement issues. On the other hand at least we do get some working hardware eventually!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Longdan

We get stuff just in time to give it to somebody like the Turks for a half a pack of cigarettes and some mouse turds.

LongBlade

Quote from: Longdan on March 24, 2013, 06:04:29 PM
We get stuff just in time to give it to somebody like the Turks for a half a pack of cigarettes and some mouse turds.

Such the warmonger. You make it sound so romantic.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Longdan

Seriously with our procurement process that is what the stuff is worth by the time we get it and that is what is done with it.
There is nothing romantic about the armaments procurement process.  Romantic like a whorehouse in a mining town on Saturday Night
when you have spent your allowance on gummy bears.

GDS_Starfury

if you lick and stick enough gummy bears maybe you can make a ship.
I wonder what the radar cross section is for a gummy bear ship?
you could also name it the Buddy/Guy/Friend
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade

Gummy bears are good. Who wouldn't spend money on them?

Longdan

I guess you could try and make gummy bears into a whore instead of a ship.  That's romantic.
I spend my gummy bear money on games.

LongBlade

Quote from: Longdan on March 24, 2013, 08:07:15 PM
I guess you could try and make gummy bears into a whore instead of a ship.  That's romantic.

Now we're thinking!

mirth

Hey I'm happy with the fact that US subs don't catch fire after contact with salt water. Talk about progress!

Longdan

You don't buy 'em used from the British.  They were looking at the French Rubis class for a while.

GDS_Starfury

our subs only catch fire when in conflict with union lunch breaks.  ::)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 25, 2013, 03:17:07 AM
our subs only catch fire when in conflict with union lunch breaks.  ::)

lmao!