Chinese Zxauto trucks built war tough

Started by eyebiter, April 27, 2013, 02:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyebiter

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-News/2013/0426/Shanghai-auto-show-where-you-too-can-buy-a-machine-gun-ready-pickup

"Ever fancied owning your own "technical" – the sort of pickup truck fitted with a heavy machine gun that rebels careering around the streets from Somalia to Libya have made notorious? Come to the Shanghai Auto Show and a Chinese automaker will sell you one.

When the show opened a week ago, Zhongxing Auto proudly displayed on its stand a version of its Grand Tiger pickup with an unusual accessory – a four-legged steel frame fixed to the cargo bed, ready for the weapon of your choice."

LongBlade

I think we do that, too, but the CIA generally gives them away for free and isn't fond of displaying their work at auto shows.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Most of the 'technicals' out there are Toyota trucks. Top Gear tried to destroy one, and failed. Those things run through anything.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

I saw that episode. Note that the truck in question was a diesel HiLux (SR5 in the US). They even left it on the end of a pier overnight and a storm washed it into the ocean. The next day they towed and winched it back on to the beach, cleaned it up a bit, and started it up to drive away.  :o
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

I just watched the Red Dawn remake this weekend and think the mustang with the mini-gun would work for a fast attack technical although I am not so sure how it would stand up to the elements.   ;D

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."