Japan Launches Huge Carrier

Started by LongBlade, August 06, 2013, 07:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Airborne Rifles

Sometimes I wonder if these carriers, both Japanese and the British, are really meant to complement the US carrier force instead of being solely a instrument of national policy. Having one or two of these carriers gives the country some flexibility but they can't keep them at sea continuously and having just one or two is vulnerable whereas adding them to a US task force increases their value exponentially. 

GDS_Starfury

to be fair these carriers dont have to have the operational radius that an American carrier has to have.  except for flag showing missions these ships wont ever be more then 2000 miles from home.  as ASW platforms these things are going to be monsters.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

I don't know much about the Chinese Navy. Are they mostly sub-based? Because in that case, ouch.

GDS_Starfury

they have a decent D/E sub component for their technology base.  Im also going to make a guess and say that the 18 embarked helo number is somewhat false.  Im sure these can carry a lot more.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Centurion40

So why do the Japanese need a carrier?  Just how far away are they planning to project force?
Any time is a good time for pie.

W8taminute

They just need 4 more of these bad boys and the Imperial Navy's glory will be restored.   ;D

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Centurion40 on August 07, 2013, 07:37:44 AM
So why do the Japanese need a carrier?  Just how far away are they planning to project force?

what's the range to Macau?  ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

To the Senkaku Islands at least.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Carriers are old school.  I think the just built an arm.

GDS_Starfury

The same thought went through my mind SDR.

Centurion40

Quote from: mirth on August 07, 2013, 07:55:11 AM

To the Senkaku Islands at least.

Those islands are well within the range of the Mitsubishi F-2s and F-15s that are or could be deployed to the Naha Air Base.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.