Author Topic: New Defense Act?  (Read 1894 times)

Offline LongBlade

• Unsanctioned Psyker
  • Blunderbuster
  • No Regerts
New Defense Act?
« on: March 18, 2012, 02:39:18 PM »
I've got a toolbar running across my browser that shows links to trending stories.

This morning I saw one that caught my eye, but we were too busy and I ignored it. Just now, I noticed it again and clicked on it.

Apparently the President has just issued a new Executive Order regarding defense preparedness. As is typical of these things today, the wording is mostly legalese rather than direct. Obviously it's a kind of review to ensure the US is prepared for an emergency, but exactly why and what the result might be isn't clear as the length of this thing is...lengthy.

Here's a link. Maybe those of you with more time on your hands and a better head for reading these things can tell us what it really means.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
Re: New Defense Act?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »
No time to read it but I am channeling 40Cent: it is obviously linked to December 21, 2012.
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 10:33:26 AM »
No time to read it but I am channeling 40Cent: it is obviously linked to December 21, 2012.

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline Centurion40

• Captain Obvious
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »

Oh effing snap!!!

THAT explains it!!!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 12:19:22 PM »
^That sealed the deal for me. Heading into the bunker now.
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces