Iowa modification

Started by besilarius, September 04, 2013, 04:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

besilarius

"With your eyes closed?"

undercovergeek

unless ive blundered into 'newb territory' and the author had other specs, plans and bigger photos, top marks for the guy who looks at that particular photo and amongst all the other 'ship stuff(!!)' and thinks 'hang on, whats that?'!

LongBlade

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 05, 2013, 07:07:29 AM
unless ive blundered into 'newb territory' and the author had other specs, plans and bigger photos, top marks for the guy who looks at that particular photo and amongst all the other 'ship stuff(!!)' and thinks 'hang on, whats that?'!

Bes is like that. He's great at pulling stuff like that out of nowhere.

besilarius

Thanks, LB, but I didn't find that.  There is a Facebook group, Passion Battleship, with lots of these tidbits that people post.

"With your eyes closed?"

LongBlade

Quote from: besilarius on September 05, 2013, 11:46:47 AM
Thanks, LB, but I didn't find that.  There is a Facebook group, Passion Battleship, with lots of these tidbits that people post.

Yes, but you swim in those waters and bring these things to us. Ergo, you're the expert.

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."