Instinctive Archery

Started by LongBlade, October 30, 2013, 10:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Back on vacation a couple of years ago we had a guy teach us archery for an afternoon. He was teaching "instinctive" shooting.

Needless to say, one afternoon will not produce the above results.

However, it has intrigued me. In doing reading on the SOE during WWII I have seen discussion where instinctive shooting was taught.

Just curious if anyone has thoughts on it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

eyebiter

GDS_Starfury

well with a pistol you shoot where you point with your index finger.  the mind is pretty good at connecting and correcting between the eye and the hand.   I think where most people screw up is overthinking while aiming.  archery has a lot more outside variables to it though.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on October 30, 2013, 10:31:18 AM
Back on vacation a couple of years ago we had a guy teach us archery for an afternoon. He was teaching "instinctive" shooting.

Needless to say, one afternoon will not produce the above results.

However, it has intrigued me. In doing reading on the SOE during WWII I have seen discussion where instinctive shooting was taught.

Just curious if anyone has thoughts on it.

practice practice practice... and then practice some more

despite what that one video suggests, "shooting from the hip" with no sighting down the arrow at all ( at what 8-10 yards) is very piss poor archery and accuracy just 'happens'

FWIW, my definition of instinctive is 'no bow sights' and a relatively quick release, but you still sight down the arrow - LEGOLAS RULZ!!!!

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.