F35 - Bad idea made worse over time?

Started by bayonetbrant, November 09, 2013, 08:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 30, 2014, 10:54:02 PM
you also have no argument for my point, which is this:  at some point you have to freeze a design in order to move forward and have that design grow.  at this point every fuckstick in the Pentagon has held up the F-35 program with a interest study.  theres probably some butter bar butthead grunt, whos a mouth breather, that wanted to know if the damn plane could microwave his God damned MRE from 35000 feet.  and that fuckstick cost the taxpayer $350,000 in research costs and held the plane up by 2 months.

now dont piss me off.
I found the gloves.

Who's arguing the point? The procurement process and desire to have "one plane to rule them all" has fucked the F-35 program all along.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

It's fun to rile you up, but now I'm going back to watching Nazi Mega Weapons on Netflix.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: mirth on December 30, 2014, 11:03:17 PMI'm going back to watching Nazi Mega Weapons on Netflix.

theres no reason to bring your fleshlight to this conversation.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: mirth on December 30, 2014, 10:59:03 PM
Show me proof that right now the F-35 can use the latest USAF external targeting pod without any additional time or cost.

show me that it cant.

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

You're going to get Star all pissy.

Excellent  O0

Staggerwing

And then there's this:

F-35 Delayed After Fourth Prototype Becomes Self-Aware And Has To Be Destroyed

QuoteAs to what steps might be taken to prevent future prototypes from achieving self-awareness, Fennell explained, "We're developing a net-centric cluster-group forum, a sort of network for their collective 'minds.' We hope that it will keep them from creating unique self-identities, and instead form one easy-to-manage super identity."

Asked what it might be called, Fennell considered it for a moment.

"Well, the F-35 hovers and flies in the sky, and we're creating a network of them, so ... maybe something like 'Sky-Net?' That has a nice ring to it."

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/02/f35-delays-sentience/#ixzz3dHKlpfeK

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Too bad about the 35, but Jessica Biel was smokin hawt in that bikini.

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on June 16, 2015, 08:34:41 PM
Too bad about the 35, but Jessica Biel was smokin hawt in that bikini.

You mean this bikini?

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

That's the one. Best part of that stupid movie.

mirth

undercovergeek

I read yesterday about the top gun sequel been given the go ahead - would it be the f35 if it was based on the here and now?

mirth

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 29, 2016, 11:26:33 AM
I read yesterday about the top gun sequel been given the go ahead - would it be the f35 if it was based on the here and now?

Top Gun: Stuck on the Tarmac

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth