F35 - Bad idea made worse over time?

Started by bayonetbrant, November 09, 2013, 08:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

^ What's next? Praying that war doesn't break out?

Martok

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 06, 2017, 09:13:04 AM
^ What's next? Praying that war doesn't break out?
I initially read that as "praying the wing doesn't break off". 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on December 26, 2017, 08:35:52 PM
We all knew this was coming

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/17199/japan-and-south-korea-eye-f-35b-for-their-helicopter-carriers

They were designed to fit on the USMC amphib assault ships that are essentially the same thing, right?  I'm sure that was in the back of everyone's minds...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 27, 2017, 07:57:57 AM
Quote from: mirth on December 26, 2017, 08:35:52 PM
We all knew this was coming

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/17199/japan-and-south-korea-eye-f-35b-for-their-helicopter-carriers

They were designed to fit on the USMC amphib assault ships that are essentially the same thing, right?  I'm sure that was in the back of everyone's minds...

Yeah, the F-35B is designed to be operated off the Corps' assault ships. So it's no surprise that the Japanese would be looking at using them on their own baby carriers...err helicopter destroyers.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

GDS_Starfury

shit.... the IAF has been using them over Syria for a year.  :knuppel2:
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on December 27, 2017, 08:06:12 PM
The IAF does not fuck around.

By now at least a few of their F35s have some fresh stencils just below the canopy.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 27, 2017, 08:05:21 PM

Yeah, but not off of helicopter carriers
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

OJsDad

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 27, 2017, 08:11:14 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 27, 2017, 08:05:21 PM

Yeah, but not off of helicopter carriers

The countries not much bigger than a helicopter carrier, so yeah, they do. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.