Name That weapon.

Started by bob48, January 11, 2014, 06:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Or, to be more precise, weapons that are widely known by the name of its inventor.

I'll start off with Gatling. How many more can we add to the list?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Capn Darwin

Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Steelgrave

I'll toss the Zeppelin out there, although it was more of a psychological weapon than anything else. Still, Zeppelin raids against Britain counted as early terror attacks and were more frightful than their performance deserved.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

eyebiter

MikeGER

bob48

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 11, 2014, 08:21:22 PM
The Sherman

Nice try mate, but the M4 was not invented by W.T.Sherman, although I don't doubt he would have liked to have had one or two for the Atlanta Campaign.  :)

How about 'Browning' and 'Luger'
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

eyebiter

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing