Wargaming.net to help restore Kubinka's Maus to running condition?

Started by WallysWorld, May 02, 2014, 04:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

"On the April 11th, 2014, WarGaming announced that they will co-operate with Kubinka to restore the Maus to working condition. No more information about the project, apart from the announcement, has been made public."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O56OvuIQ7w

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

Almost 30,000 years from now some scientist/priest/lost-tech-retrievalists from the Early Imperium of Man will dig down into the ruins of the Kubinka museum and stop to marvel at what they find.

And they will start to think- 'Hmmm, I wonder if...'
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

Interesting factoid from the Maus' wikipage- it had a smaller turning radius than most production M4 Shermans.  ???

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

GDS_Starfury

but the Sherman was turning at 20 mph while the Maus was going flat out at 3.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Staggerwing

GDS_Starfury

one of the evil joys of WoT's is being in that tier 10 badass and tracking that pz-2 or bt-7 oddball that got stuck in your match.
and then hitting the trigger.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on May 02, 2014, 11:17:44 PM
one of the evil joys of WoT's is being in that tier 10 badass and tracking that pz-2 or bt-7 oddball that got stuck in your match.
and then hitting the trigger.

and with the new turret exploding graphics...
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.