Ever have one of those weekends in which...

Started by stolypin, September 18, 2021, 05:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stolypin

... you play multiple games -- all very different -- and do TERRIBLE at every one?

Me this weekend:

Combat Mission Red Thunder / Fire & Rubble:  one enemy tank has taken out nine of mine, pretty much bringing my entire attack to a grinding halt within the first 20 minutes of an hour and a half scenario.

Command Modern Operations (Kashmir DLC scenario):  currently have a victory level of "DISASTER" even though I have restarted the scenario three times and now know what the enemy will do.   It seems the more I know, the worse I do.

Interceptor Ace (board game):  After the very first exchange of fire with a B-17 during the very first mission of the campaign, I was shot down, had to bail out, and suffered an injury deemed "double amputation; medically retired."

Maybe I need to go outdoors. 

Dammit Carl!

Oh yeah.  Makes a fellow think that they're better off just raking the yard or something, eh?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

It pretty much sums up my whole CM career. Heh, at least my performance is consistent!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

W8taminute

Happens to me quite a lot these days.  It has been said that no plan survives the first few minutes of combat but sometimes you have to say WTF?! when every game you try is fighting that hard against you. 

I usually shout at that monitor, close down Steam, and step away from the keyboard for a good 30 to 40 minutes.  I'll do something else while I try to re-gather my gaming mojo before returning.  That helps me a lot. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

The original Might & Magic used to get me so frustrated that once I threw the guide book at the monitor. Unfortunately it was very flimsy and came apart in mid-air. So after I had to staple it back together, but I did feel better.  >:(  Combat Mission has always made me cuss it, all versions, all theaters.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on September 18, 2021, 07:07:26 PM
I call that Saturday and Sunday.
Way too often for me as well....still stuck in one of the Stronghold Warlords mission for the last 6 months... :hide: