Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Computer Gaming / Re: Musings on the Friday thread
« Last post by Anguille on Yesterday at 09:18:11 AM »
Sometimes i play a couple of hours in the morning (like sunday morning) but mostly evenings.
General Staff Support Forum / Re: Changelog - picture heavy
« Last post by Andy ONeill on Yesterday at 09:15:54 AM »
Game

Initial refactor adding timing for direct move order.
Computer Gaming / Re: Campaign Series Vietnam
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Yesterday at 09:02:47 AM »
Although I find the early years of the Vietnam Conflict intriguing, I am personally much more interested in gaming the later half of the war from 1968 through 1972. I don't want to take any of the spotlight off of this title, which is certainly a must have, but can you shed some light on when we will see content starting with the Tet Offensive? I presume that this will be just a matter of designing the scenarios and building the OOBs, since the game system and UI work will already be completed? In short...how long do you think the wait will be?

Thanks!
Computer Gaming / Re: Campaign Series Vietnam
« Last post by Crossroads on Yesterday at 07:56:29 AM »
Just finished my next article talking about CS: Vietnam scenario content (redirects to CSLegion.com):

There will be 25 scenarios covering this era between the French and US involvement, starting with these:

Just for something different, it is not all about the figting in the jungle. Here's the starting situation for not the Viet Cong but Binh Xuyen’s private militia player in the Battle of Saigon, 1955.

Viet Cong? We'll get there  :knuppel2:

Any questions, comments, what not, let us hear about them!
Current Events / Re: Sad Passing: Christopher Dean of NWS
« Last post by miksebik on Yesterday at 07:00:24 AM »
RIP Chris, we have not done much business together but still I understood that you were a special guy for the community...

I do not want to sound impolite, but does anyone know what will happen with unfinished orders? I understood, that the NWS part of the shop will continue under different name/entity, but that does not have much in common with the wargames store with MMP, GMT, Compass games stuff etc.
So what will happen with the unfinished orders? I made a 700usd order in September that unfortunately has not been probably shipped.. As there does not seem to be anybody with legal access to the shop stock/system.. Should I contact somebody? Or somebody will contact me? Can anybody please tell me where Chris's headquarter was. I am from Prague, Czech Republic..
Or am I wrong? Will somebody in the future finish the orders?
Thanks, Michal
Computer Gaming / Re: Grand Tactician, American Civil War
« Last post by Rayfer on Yesterday at 04:56:59 AM »
The developers, who have continued to update and improve the game since it's release,
dropped a major patch updating from sprites to 3D.  It looks pretty cool.
I know some have issues with this game but I've just compared it to Ageod's Civil War 2
and honestly there is no comparison.  My opinion Grand Tactician is the best Civil
War game ever made.  Never had much use for Ultimate General but I was (and am)
a big Ageod fan so saying that their Civil War game has been surpassed is a big deal.

+1  My sentiments exactly.  Love the game.
« Last post by MengJiao on Yesterday at 04:37:22 AM »
Just curious on this one.  Typically we post in the Friday thread the games we aspire to play Friday through Sunday.  But when, exactly, do you all game during that three day period?

I don't game nearly as much as I used to, and when I do, it's almost always in the evening - say after 4pm or so.  I almost never game during the morning or afternoon.  Generally, during the day I'm reading, doing some activity, chores, etc. and only get to gaming after the day's activities have wound down in that pre-dinner and post-dinner period.

Same here.  Gaming is kind of a low-attention activity for me.  Not only that, but the kids expect me to have actionable insights about the games they are playing (Minecraft, Hollow Knight, Jenkin's eear Impact or Genseng Impact or Gershwin Impact, or baseball, or VR things etc. etc. or Dangeons and Dragons etc. etc. or even their school work etc. etc.)
Computer Gaming / Re: Cliffs of Dover: Tobruk
« Last post by MengJiao on Yesterday at 04:29:25 AM »
There were 3 versions of it released for the miniatures game, Wings of War/Wings of Glory.  Two French and one Italian.  I have the Italian one and the Thollon one for France.

Very cool!!!
Computer Gaming / Re: Cliffs of Dover: Tobruk
« Last post by MengJiao on Yesterday at 04:27:48 AM »
Yeah it is a little funny looking. Did you down it?

Not with a Hurricane.  The P-40 Tomahawk can deal with it but the Hurricane seems a bit outclassed.
« Last post by Destraex on Yesterday at 04:13:50 AM »
I often do not get to log on during the week until after 9pm.
On the weekend during covid lockdowns it has been much more frequent that I can play during the day. That will change with life slowly getting back to normal where I am.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10