Norks Launch Missile

Started by LongBlade, April 12, 2012, 06:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

OK, bets on who shoots it down first?

Or will it blow up in launch phase like all the others?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/04/12/north-korea-reportedly-launches-rocket/

Wish I could find out what the name of it is so I could poke fun at it. Taepodong was just too much fun to ridicule.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Whoops. Reports are now emerging that the test may have failed.

You may imagine me wearing my shocked face.

QuoteIt is unclear at this time if the launch was successful. U.S. officials tell Fox News that early indications signal the launch may have failed.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/04/12/north-korea-reportedly-launches-rocket/#ixzz1rs78GThq

Steelgrave

Oh noooos! Guess they should steal their technology from the Chinese, who of course got it from us. :P

mirth

I was really hoping the Japanese would get the chance to knock it down with one of their Aegis destroyers, but I guess NK would have to successfully launch it first.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on April 12, 2012, 06:44:32 PM
I was really hoping the Japanese would get the chance to knock it down with one of their Aegis destroyers, but I guess NK would have to successfully launch it first.

I was hoping Godzilla would rise from the depths and snatch it in his mouth.

But that is probably asking for too much coolness.

mirth

Yeah, I forgot he was in charge of defending the home islands.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

They really should name their next class of ships the Godzilla-class. That would be coolness.

Gusington

I too was looking forward to a Japanese muscle-flexing. But not too much, you know.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on April 12, 2012, 07:31:02 PM
I too was looking forward to a Japanese muscle-flexing. But not too much, you know.

That's right. Remember they killed Danny.

Gusington

Yeah there's Danny to think about. Not to mention Nanking, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Fat Man, Little Boy, Unit 731 and world history from 1870-1945.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on April 12, 2012, 07:49:06 PM
Yeah there's Danny to think about. Not to mention Nanking, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Fat Man, Little Boy, Unit 731 and world history from 1870-1945.

Yeah but Danny comes first.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Back to the actual topic, I'm sure that in NK they're celebrating the successful launch of their 'communication satellite'.

OJsDad

The US shot it down with this.  It's not really cancelled, it just went black.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_YAL-1
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on April 12, 2012, 07:49:06 PM

Don't forget...they also unleashed Hello Kitty on an unsuspecting world.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys