Greetings from New York!

Started by agrippamaxentius, July 30, 2015, 04:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agrippamaxentius

Hi there guys, I can say that most of my life has revolved around playing strategy games in one way or another  :P you can even say I am trying to make a sort of profession out of it. My friend Ian Bowles recommended this site as a great place to connect with other strategy wargamers, being a very niche community as is I need all the support and connections I can get.  It always helps to connect with other gamers in the genre, and get the pulse of the current situation of strategy wargaming. I hope my stay is a pleasant one!

Best, Agrippa Maxentius
https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius For Scourge of War, Combat Mission, Ultimate General Gettysburg and countless others.

bayonetbrant

Greetings!

Are you in NYC, or somewhere else in New York?  We've got folks all over the state up there :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Welcome!  We're a pretty active bunch.  Fairly friendly, too :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

spelk

Welcome to the grogheads forums Agrippa! Hope you have a groovey time here. Theres a good set of very knowledgeable folks about who simply get their kicks from their grognardery. :)

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

zap

Welcome, recent sign up myself.

Sir Slash

Welcome Agrippa-- always glad to have new voices and opinions here at the Wailing Wall of Gaming.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

agrippamaxentius

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 30, 2015, 05:06:12 AM
Greetings!

Are you in NYC, or somewhere else in New York?  We've got folks all over the state up there :)
NYC :D, Astoria Queens to be exact.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius For Scourge of War, Combat Mission, Ultimate General Gettysburg and countless others.

bayonetbrant

well, we've got at least one in NYC, and another out on Long Island, so you've got gamers in the area.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

agrippamaxentius

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 30, 2015, 11:44:49 AM
well, we've got at least one in NYC, and another out on Long Island, so you've got gamers in the area.
That's awesome, there used to be a massive wargamer meeting spot on 23rd street in NYC called "Neutral Ground" sadly it has since gone out of business, but i'd love to find a similiar venue in the era.

agrippamaxentius

Quote from: MetalDog on July 30, 2015, 05:52:24 AM
Welcome!  We're a pretty active bunch.  Fairly friendly, too :)
Thanks Metaldog! You guys seem it :D.

Jarhead0331

Welcome Agrippa...

I'm on Long Island, Phillipe is I believe in Manhattan and Gusington represents all parts North. Glad to have you!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Welcome to the boards, Agrippa - I'm from Brooklyn but now live in Orange County. Been up here for 10+ years.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Welcome to the nuthouse Agrippa!

Myself, I'm about 2 hours east of NYC camped out in the wilds of the Connecticut shoreline.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd