WWII-Europe Plans for 2016

Started by pzgndr, January 28, 2016, 12:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pzgndr

Reposting from Wargamer, consolidated from three different posts Ron made this week:

QuoteHello,
I have just finished planning out the year for Schwerpunkt. Assuming I keep my day job, then the following items are planned:
1. Three version upgrades (v1.08, v1.0.9 and v1.0.10)
2. V1.0.8 and v1.0.9 will focus on the AI
3. With each version will be 5 additional scenarios (standard size).
4. Two more Campaign scenarios will be released in 2016.
5. Schwerpunkt Web site upgrade
6. YouTube video on "right click"
For 2017, this will leave 8 standard, 8 Campaign and three Monster scenarios (100, 101 and 102).
My plan is to release the scenario editor when I complete the standard scenarios. A standard scenario is not a Campaign or Monster scenario. I should be real close to that at the end of this year.
This will be accelerated if retirement occurs this year.
Thanks for your continued support.
Ron

As many folks play primarily against the AI, any improvements/enhancements to the AI will be a major plus.  Ron has further indicated that v1.08 will focus on coding the AI to perform all ops, and v1.09 will focus on AI performance improvements.  Sounds like a good plan!

Grim.Reaper

Although glad to see progress.....wasn't this game originally expected to be fully complete before now (Believe I saw a post that suggested September 2015 was the planned finished date)?  Looks like now extending into 2017...that's almost a 3 year span from when the first version was released in December 2014.

I guess as long as its good is all that matters and completely understand the developer has a day job...but likely will hold off until fully complete, hopefully not outdated by the time fully complete.

pzgndr

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 28, 2016, 07:19:03 PM
likely will hold off until fully complete

The game engine is essentially fully complete now.  There are a few minor bugs and issues that Ron will probably address but the game design is done.  And there are over 60 scenarios and 2 campaigns complete and playable now.  Plenty to keep players busy while the remaining scenarios and campaigns are wrapped up and then the editor to be released.   As always, more player feedback during this period will help Ron so he can make adjustments to things here and there.  So I would encourage you and others to reconsider holding off and play the game some, and offer any comments you may have during the final stretch? 

I expect WWII-Europe to endure for quite a while.  It addresses most player concerns raised with RGW and AGW, so it's already a solid "old school" operational wargame with basic AF-DF-MF units and CRT combat results.  Gotta luv that!

Boggit

Quote from: pzgndr on January 29, 2016, 09:13:16 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 28, 2016, 07:19:03 PM
likely will hold off until fully complete

As always, more player feedback during this period will help Ron so he can make adjustments to things here and there.  So I would encourage you and others to reconsider holding off and play the game some, and offer any comments you may have during the final stretch? 

I expect WWII-Europe to endure for quite a while.  It addresses most player concerns raised with RGW and AGW, so it's already a solid "old school" operational wargame with basic AF-DF-MF units and CRT combat results.  Gotta luv that!
I did send some suggestions to Ron for the large campaigns regarding ways of doing strategic warfare e.g. submarines being able to attack merchant shipping convoy routes to reduce fuel/industrial effectiveness/replacements (effect of industrial degradation for lack of materials on replacement equipment), but I didn't get any response back. I suspect it was just an oversight, as usually Ron is very courteous especially where players are concerned.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

rdockal

Just a question of being way too busy.  I did add your suggestion to the list. Submarines in WWIIE need to have a special rule to more accurately model their value.

Ron

Staggerwing

Ron, it looks like your web site is still redirecting to Strategy Gamer. Are you setting up a new one? Maybe the folks here Grogheads could help you out.

Edit: n/m, looks like you are already looking into it in another thread.  O0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys