Main Menu

Say Hello!

Started by Groglord, January 26, 2012, 10:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

'Sup everyone?  Good to see all these familiar faces! 

EDIT:  Oh, and I forgot to say that my current addictions are Distant Worlds: Legends and Armada 2526 Supernova.  Just got back into the latter game in a big way the last couple days here. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

bayonetbrant

OK - so besides Starfury & Smuck, who do we need to pull out?  W8? ComradeP?  Who else?

Oh, and I invited a few of the cooler heads from ACG to join us, too.  'Dog knows 'em - GCoyote, RebPreacher, TheIbis - hoping they join us, too :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 29, 2012, 05:34:09 PM
OK - so besides Starfury & Smuck, who do we need to pull out?  W8? ComradeP?  Who else?

Oh, and I invited a few of the cooler heads from ACG to join us, too.  'Dog knows 'em - GCoyote, RebPreacher, TheIbis - hoping they join us, too :)

Me and W8 play Civ III PBEM.  I gave him the link this morning.  And I'll vouch for Coyote, Reb and Ibis.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

Anyone tell BBoyer yet?  MikeGer? spelk?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 29, 2012, 05:54:48 PM

Anyone tell BBoyer yet?  MikeGer? spelk?

Go for it.

We don't intend to leave anyone out - this is more of a shakedown cruise to work out any kinks. So far things are running great, but we just want to make sure things are running well and we give this place a bit of a workout before we start announcing it everywhere. That doesn't mean we shouldn't include folks - rather that at some point we'll be sure to let *everyone* know what we're up to. Just because someone isn't here now doesn't mean we aren't thinking about them.

Staggerwing

BTW what do the five colored (or coloured when Spelk gets here) squares mean in out forum avatars? Activity meter? Preggers test results? Air quality in that person's cubicle? If it's a health meter then right now 40Cent is the Incredible Hulk...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 29, 2012, 06:56:08 PM
BTW what do the five colored (or coloured when Spelk gets here) squares mean in out forum avatars? Activity meter? Preggers test results? Air quality in that person's cubicle? If it's a health meter then right now 40Cent is the Incredible Hulk...

They define the role.

Most of them (admins & mods) were pre-set. I cranked the Old Guard up to five yellows, though frankly, that was just a spur-of-the-moment decision with little idea what impact it would have.

We can do more, or less. Eventually we may even figure out how to upload different images. I'm open to suggestions. For now, this is how it looks:

Staggerwing

Ah. Thanks for the peak behind the Wizard's Curtain. I like the idea of role avatars. For the Old Guard
who are not Admins it will give us a little panache when the hoi polloi finally arrive in droves as they are
wont to do when made aware of a place made of Amazium and Pure Win such as this one... ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

W8taminute

Greetings all!

Thanks to stophro (MetalDog) I have found my way here.  I'm about to turn in for the night but just wanted to send out a quick howdy do.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

G'night!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

Good to see you here, my friend!  I'm sure Gus will be happy now :-)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Greybriar

Hello everyone. It is good to "see" you here.

I have too many favorite games to list them all so I will just jot down the names of the first three games that come to mind: Master of Magic, Panzer General, and World of Tanks.

Thanks for letting me know about this forum. I am happy to be a part of it.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Martok

Welcome, W8taminute & Greybriar!  Looks like the band is coming together again...   8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

spelk

Is this a mutiny, Mr Christian?  ;)

Hi all, good to see so many familiar names already enlisted!

I'm currently flapping about too many games for my own liking, at the moment I'm playing turns in the French and Indian War Card/Boardgame, A Few Acres of Snow over at Yucata.de - along with my befuddled Galactic planning in a small harsh Armada 2526 Supernova Universe PBEM with Martok. I've dipped in and out of the rather spiffing RPG/Tower Defense hybrid Indie game Defenders Quest. I've been shooting the place up, in support at a Battlefield 3 Xbox 360 server, and I've been plinking poisonous arrows in yet another play through of Divinity II.

Mostly I've been dreaming about a Pacific War game, that doesn't overwhelm me, and doesn't make me micro-manage each and every K-Bar Knife I want to put to use!