Another New Forum User Reporting in

Started by Iconoclast, September 07, 2017, 07:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iconoclast

Hello everyone!

I just registered on GH to cross-post my little Kriegsspiel Series, but then I figured out I could just as well say Hi and see where this is going.

I am looking through a lot of things that might interest me through the lense of my own service in the German Army, that is now getting close to completing the 7th year. So most games that interest me are more modern titles, especially Cold War gone hot scenarios in the late 80s on the tactical scale Coy/Bn/Bde. I am a big fan of the Assault Boardgame series, and think it is the better Flashpoint Campaigns  ;)

I also enjoy classical "kriegspiel" Style games, that are mostly played by umpire. Other titles that found my interest are BCT Commander, Armoured Task Force, Ariborne Task Force, Decisive Action, Combat Mission and a few more. Also I am pretty bad at most of them, never play anything for long, and just enjoy having them in my library.

My main motivation is to satisfy the need for some wargaming. Due to an accident about a year ago, I am currently not able to do what I did before that, and probably will not be able to do it again, but my thirst for some decision making remains.

Best Regards,

A
Wer seinen Kinderglauben sich bewahrt, in einer reinen und unbefleckten Brust, und gegen das Gelächter einer Welt zu leben wagt, wie er als Kind geträumt, - bis auf den letzten Tag: Das ist ein Mann!

Barthheart

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Welcome, Iconoclast!  In the Play By Forum section, there is a Kriegsspiel game running.  It's been going on for a year now and I pray that we are finally reaching the end.  The suspense is KILLING me!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Welcome to the Grogheads Iconoclast. Good to have you amongst us.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.