Main Menu

Hello from Liverpool

Started by Andy ONeill, December 27, 2017, 09:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy ONeill

Hi Guys,
My main gaming interests are tabletop wargaming and particularly ww2.
I also do some computer gaming eg Xcom2, spWinww2.
And
I'm a .Net web / windows developer.
Mostly these are business applications. Business as usual is often data entry or reporting but can include data visualisation such as real time manufacturing monitoring. Meaning graphical representation of data as well as typing in stuff like order details.
More recently I've been doing some game development and I'm working on General Staff with Ezra Sidran.

OJsDad

Welcome aboard Andy. 

I'm sure you'll find plenty of people that enjoy the same interests that you have.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

Hello Andy. Welcome to the Grogheads. Played the hell out of Steel Panthers back in the day.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Welcome to Grogheads, Andy! 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

Welcome aboard!

Now let's see how long it is before this thread devolves into some kind of test for Andy's resolve in the forum...

Sir Slash

I accept the challenge. Andy, you're from Liverpool so you MUST know all of the Beetles, right? So, truthfully, was Yoko Ono a man or woman?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Andy ONeill

Hi Guys.

Beatles? I was their second drummer.
They only stuck with Ringo cuz I was 10 and not allowed out late enough to gig :^)

Sir Slash

Right. That's 'Beatles' not Beetles-- damn spellcheck.

Cyrano

Ahoy and welcome aboard!

Re: TTG WWII:  minis, chit-and-hexagon, both?

It gets more personal from here :).

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Martok

Quote from: Andy ONeill on December 29, 2017, 03:07:17 PM
Hi Guys.

Beatles? I was their second drummer.
They only stuck with Ringo cuz I was 10 and not allowed out late enough to gig :^)
LOL!  You're going to fit right in here.  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

Andy, if you say you like Napoleonics, you're going to make half of the old farts on this forum wee in their adult diapers.

bbmike

Welcome to Grogheads, Andy!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak