Main Menu

Hello Everyone

Started by IICptMillerII, December 31, 2017, 03:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IICptMillerII

Been a lurker for a while now and finally decided to make a forum account so I could post an AAR. I've always enjoyed the content of this website, both the articles and the forums, and figured I would contribute some to it!

I'm a Combat Mission fanboy first and foremost, but I play plenty of other things such as C:MANO, Steel Beasts, Falcon BMS, JTS Panzer Campaigns, and some other stuff.

Link to my ongoing AAR in C:MANO

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=21257.0

mirth

Welcome! You AAR is coming along nicely!  O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Welcome, Cpt. Miller!  Glad you finally came out of the shadows.   :clap:   <:-)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Great to have you with us CptMiller. Just remember, around here, the Capt. is the first one off the sinking ship. So the rest of us can follow.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

The aar is shaping up nicely - welcome

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 31, 2017, 04:02:42 PMJust remember, around here, the Capt. is the first one off the sinking ship

Are we now an Italian Cruise line?  :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

IICptMillerII

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 31, 2017, 04:02:42 PM
Great to have you with us CptMiller. Just remember, around here, the Capt. is the first one off the sinking ship. So the rest of us can follow.

Hopefully there won't be any sinking ships in the near future then!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

DUDE! He's a 'Capt.', not an aye doctor.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

airboy

Welcome!

And AARs are always welcome!

Cyrano

Welcome!

Stow your fanboi gear in the locker in back.  We have to go to war about twice a year, typically whenever Steve or Charles makes any kind of major announcement.

I will now follow your AAR to mark my, what, 20th attempt to wrap my head around CMANO, a game I know I should really like.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

IICptMillerII

Quote from: Cyrano on January 01, 2018, 01:45:49 PM
Welcome!

Stow your fanboi gear in the locker in back.  We have to go to war about twice a year, typically whenever Steve or Charles makes any kind of major announcement.

I will now follow your AAR to mark my, what, 20th attempt to wrap my head around CMANO, a game I know I should really like.

Yeah CM seems to be rather divisive in the wargaming community. To each their own I guess.

CMANO can be tough to get into, but its definitely worth the investment if you are interested in aerial or naval operations. I think one thing about CMANO that puts people off is the lack of any 3D feedback. If thats the case, I would recommend checking out Fleet Command. It's very similar in concept to CMANO, just a lot older. It's on steam, and there are a few youtube videos out there of it to check out.