I Believe This Is The Proper Place To Start...Again...

Started by Wes, January 25, 2018, 05:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes

Yeah, the dead walk the streets...

So how the HELL is everybody...I seem to have 52 pages of unread posts...I'm trying to get the judge to knock it down to 48 with bad behavior  >:D
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

bbmike

Go read those 52 pages. If you still want to stay after that, welcome back!  :buck2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Wes

"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

Sir Slash

Hey Wes. What happened, you get time-off for good behavior? Welcome back.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Wes

What happened was everyone's favorite gripe: The Government.

We found out shortly after buying a house in 2002 that the D.O.T was looking to bulldoze it for a road project. From the first time we were told it was a done deal till it really went down was about 8 years.

I could list all the ways this ruined my family life but I'll just jump to the part where they started in early 2016 with the same story we had heard for years (that they were 'funded' and starting to buy out the properties...mind you they did this to 148 homeowners for a completely useless road).

Our central air finally died that summer after patching it up for years and they waited until the week before Thanksgiving to drop the final paperwork on us.

Ruined the holidays completely...we had to find a house, pack and move in a very short window that, with an extension, amounted to hell on earth. Then the wife left on a trip from the new place and after the swelling had went down from my ankles I found I had sprained my ankle and spent weeks recovering from that.

The wife had gotten back from her trip with a blown out disk in her back and as soon as we had her on the road to recovery she tangled with an 18-wheeler on the interstate going to work one morning (she was shook up but the car was totaled)...ok...I'll stop now...

But that is how we spent 2016-17...how was your two years?  :)
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.

Sir Slash

Damn. That's a run of really tough luck Wes. Sorry to hear the last 2 years have been such a shit-storm for you and your family. Here's hoping 2018 will treat you better. But if not, I've found no better place to find a friendly ear or kindly word than here. Hang in there Brother.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Wes

That's why I'm here man...trying to get back on track. ALMOST have a game area sorted and hope to be playing again soon...I told the wife the other day that this is the first year in 15 that didn't start with "I wonder if they are going to finally steal our home this year (and they did steal it)"..I'm using that as ground zero and Sir Sly's 'High' track to start the day:

It feels good to be running from the devil
Another breath and I'm up another level
It feels good to be up above the clouds
It feels good for the first time in a long time now

It feels good for the first time in a long time to be me
It feels good for the first time in a while I'm free

Sing it, brother, sing it  :bd:
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Wes on January 26, 2018, 08:27:40 PM
What happened was everyone's favorite gripe: The Government.

We found out shortly after buying a house in 2002 that the D.O.T was looking to bulldoze it for a road project. From the first time we were told it was a done deal till it really went down was about 8 years.

I could list all the ways this ruined my family life but I'll just jump to the part where they started in early 2016 with the same story we had heard for years (that they were 'funded' and starting to buy out the properties...mind you they did this to 148 homeowners for a completely useless road).

Our central air finally died that summer after patching it up for years and they waited until the week before Thanksgiving to drop the final paperwork on us.

Ruined the holidays completely...we had to find a house, pack and move in a very short window that, with an extension, amounted to hell on earth. Then the wife left on a trip from the new place and after the swelling had went down from my ankles I found I had sprained my ankle and spent weeks recovering from that.

The wife had gotten back from her trip with a blown out disk in her back and as soon as we had her on the road to recovery she tangled with an 18-wheeler on the interstate going to work one morning (she was shook up but the car was totaled)...ok...I'll stop now...

But that is how we spent 2016-17...how was your two years?  :)
Better than that - by a considerable margin! Unlucky times there.

Welcome back...and here's hoping for a steady home life  O0
Alba gu' brath