Greetings from Eindhoven, the Netherlands

Started by Grecco, May 07, 2018, 12:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Hartelijk welkom Grecco!
Mijn familie komt uit Zaandam, hoewel ikzelf in Leeuwarden werd geboren terwijl mijn vader in de KLu diende. Toen ik drie werd, emigreerde mijn familie naar de Verenigde Staten. Meer dan vijftig jaar later, hier zijn we!

These guys around here are mostly pretty alright, though I'd not leave a tasty sandwich untended were I you.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

^'Burp' - pardon me. Yes, and very nice it was too  8)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Grecco on May 07, 2018, 02:15:58 PMand for some reason you're not allowed to drive as fast as you are allowed to on the German Autobahn

There's a very good reason - most Americans drive like shit; keeping speeds down keeps them from killing even more of their countrymen.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

Welcome neighbour.  Greetings from Brabant, Belgium.

Check out JudgeDredd's pictures from Bovington Tiger Day 2018 in the UK.  http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22216.0

They had a Tiger II over there. 

Sir Slash

Oh, she's a beauty. I wonder if I could slip her out in my pocket and nobody would notice?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

A mere 68 tons should be no bother for a chap of your stature.

And hernia's are easy enough to fix these days......

'Clip those corners'

Sir Slash

Maybe if I told them, "It followed me home"?

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Grecco

"it's searching for its former master, but I've never seen such devotion in a droid tank before"

Boggit

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 08, 2018, 09:40:35 PM
Maybe if I told them, "It followed me home"?
So you'll be taking some catnip with you?  ;)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Sir Slash