Main Menu

Pleased to meet you

Started by Tiamak, June 30, 2018, 10:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiamak

Long time lurker here, but wanted to say hello.
Been playing stratergy games on the computer since the days of the good old Spectrum 48K.  But in the last few years have started to discover how great boardgames are, mainly through DVG, but am now looking further afield.
Great site full of wargaming goodness and plenty of banter.  I have some questions to ask, and will post in due course.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Welcome, Tiamak!  Glad you decided to come out of the shadows. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Hi there Tiamak! Welcome to our little corner of the web.

Ask your questions, I'm sure there is someone here who knows the answer or knows where to get it.

Tiamak

Thanks for the welcome both.

Metaldog - am currently listening to Beggars Banquet, hence my subject title.  >:D

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bbmike

Spectrum 48K? That's only been about 30 years.  :-"
Welcome to Grogheads!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

Dude...please tell me you are the Taimak from the movie The Last Dragon! You're The master!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 30, 2018, 01:19:16 PM
Dude...please tell me you are the Taimak from the movie The Last Dragon! You're The master!

Huh. I thought it was a Romulan name.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Taimak and Jalad at Tanagra.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Quote from: Tiamak on June 30, 2018, 10:17:08 AM

Metaldog - am currently listening to Beggars Banquet, hence my subject title.  >:D

I've actually sung that song.  In front of people.  ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

Quote from: MetalDog on June 30, 2018, 03:03:28 PM
Quote from: Tiamak on June 30, 2018, 10:17:08 AM

I've actually sung that song.  In front of people.  ;)

I double dare you to sing it next time you're on a grogcast! Tell you what, we'll do a duet.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!