Main Menu

Terra Invicta

Started by Millipede, October 28, 2019, 12:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Looks to be a quite deep and complex game, probably with a steep learning curve. 

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: mbar on October 09, 2021, 10:31:13 AM
The impression I got from this video was "Aurora 4X with graphics". Not that I play Aurora 4X.

and a fair dose of Homeworld and Honor Harrington.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

CJReich46

Wow. That looks amazing. Call me curious.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Skoop on September 21, 2021, 01:25:22 PM
Actually looks pretty cool, near future scifi.  I bet a total conversion mod to the expanse lore would work for this.

There's also going to be a cold war era campaign, so space war with 80's tech. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Now that sounds very cool.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Millipede

The latest dev diary is at https://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=7 and it's about how reasonably accurate space travel is implemented. It's pretty damn cool.

FlickJax

Quote from: Rayfer on October 09, 2021, 10:48:06 AM
Looks to be a quite deep and complex game, probably with a steep learning curve.

I'm with you, looks great but just too much for this old brain to absorb without falling asleep :)

JasonPratt

Worth remembering, that this comes from the XCOM: Long War mod designers! Glad to see it reaching the light of day!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Other games from the same publisher coming out Q2 this year (supposedly) along with Terra Invictus:

https://store.steampowered.com/franchise/HoodedHorse/#browse

Not from the Long War devs, apparently (they're Pavonis Interactive), but still a highly interesting roster including a spiritual remake of Emperor of the Fading Suns!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 02, 2022, 03:22:17 PM
Other games from the same publisher coming out Q2 this year (supposedly) along with Terra Invictus:

https://store.steampowered.com/franchise/HoodedHorse/#browse

Not from the Long War devs, apparently (they're Pavonis Interactive), but still a highly interesting roster including a spiritual remake of Emperor of the Fading Suns!

Alliance of the Sacred Suns is NOT a spiritual remake of EofFS. Other then the sci-fi setting and name, there are no similarities or relationship.

http://grogheads.com/interviews/21018
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Millipede

FarAway Sooner

That looks impressive.  Reading that dev blog, I also feel a little bit like I'm trying to model the physics behind Shadow Empire's logistical system.    \m/

steve58

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 12, 2022, 08:51:03 PM
Demo is out

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1176470/Terra_Invicta/

Demo is 13.5GB download/227GB disk space.  Hefty, hefty, hefty!

Apparently reading what's on a screen was beyond me last nite.

Download is under 10GB...requires 13.5GB disk space.   :-[
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

CJReich46

This demo is WHOA. The tutorial is very unclear on so many things at what it throws at you. It took me forever to figure out how to assign the councilors (agents).

But I will give more impressions later.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose