Which Internet protection do you use?

Started by steve58, November 29, 2020, 09:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

I decided to pick up Bitdefender Total Security 2021 based on reviews.  I found a 2 yr deal for 5 devices on Amazon for $55.  Amazon also had a $15 coupon, so for 2 years for $40 I'm going to give it a shot.

FYI to self.  Always check Slickdeals before ordering.  #:-)

PCWorld has a 2 year/15 device deal for $30.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

WallysWorld

I use the free version of Kaspersky and it seems to do the trick. I used the free version of Avast for many years before making the switch last summer. I also run Malwarebytes' scans once in a while.

Some say just using Windows Defender is good enough though.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

Bitdefender for years now. Works well and is nicely quiet.

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."