RIP - Marvelous Marvin Hagler

Started by Jarhead0331, March 13, 2021, 09:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

66 years old. I remember watching him box Sugar Ray Leonard and Thomas Hearns with my father.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

demjansk1942

One of my favorites in boxing.  For those of you to young to remember check out his fights and especially the war against Thomas Hitman Hearns.  He rules the middleweight division from 1980-87.  Great person as well from what I heard.  Check his fights out on YouTube

-budd-

RIP Mr. Hagler

That Hearns fight was short but man was that a war. I went back and watched it recently, man the exchanges in that fight.  Hagler always moving forward, cutting off the ring and hammering you. The best days for boxing, before corruption and pay per view ruined it. The wide world of sports days, when everyone fought everyone.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

He was tough. He fought way above his weight class for sure. I hadn't heard anything about him in a long time. How'd he die?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

demjansk1942

Thomas Hearns made a statement about it might be due to the vaccine.  I am not sure of the reason.  I read a bunch of comments on it and people have a lot of ideas.  You want to watch some crazy boxing, check out the fights of James Scott in Rahway State prison.

Hagler was great

Sir Slash

There are some really good fighters today, probably VERY under-rated but none like Hagler. Hearns, and Leonard back in the Day.  :-X
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.